Monday, October 29, 2007

Big Hit..


Yesterday I was so bored..so I wanted to make up a recipe. Looking into the pantry I wasn't sure what to do. I saw canned Alaskan salmon..breadcrumbs..hmmmm.. DING! Got it. I would make salmon cakes..kinda like crab cakes. So I used to cans of salmon, an egg, breadcrumbs, chives, and parmesan cheese and fried them in a light coating of vegetable oil. Then I thought I need a dip too. So..I got out some sour cream, and some dill..and what else could I add..?? Lime juice to give it a kick. Along with some salt and pepper I made a killer dip for my fish cakes. Approval from the hubs..Lily, we'll lets just say her gag reflex works pretty damn good..(she hates fish unless its a tuna sandwich). I have a few left over i will eat for lunch. Jack loved them too. hurray for creative thinking. They were so tasty and perfect football food. By the way the Chargers smeared the Texans yesterday! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

yummy in my tummy (they look good)..........as I sit here and eat cookies for my breakfast/lunch! Here is to kelly for her courage and creativity! Hip Hip Hooray! BTW I am soooo there for my candy fairy duties! My wings are in for a work out coming all the way from texas however!

B said...

sounds so yummy! i was craving these the other day -- seriously. mmmmmmm good.

B said...

just go to flickr and hit the sign up button. really easy. you get 100 mb free/month. photobucket gives you 1G free though.

i really want some of the bamboo needles. i really do hate that the aluminum ones are so long! but that's the only kind they had at michael's.

yay for the coffee pot! do you use the "regular" or "strong" setting? do you think it makes a difference? LOL