Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sick

I feel miserable..AF came with a vengeance on Monday..then I woke up in the middle of the night Monday night,early Tuesday with a wicked sore throat. I swear I could have spit flames..it was on fire. Today my body aches and my neck is tender. I did a whole lot of lying around for the past 2 days. I feel bad for the kids, because I really don't have the energy to play. Jack was sweet..as I was laying on the the sofa he told me "I am gonna fix you Mama" so off he went to collect his tools and his hat. He has a spongebob hat that is his 'doctor hat' . He uses his pliers to pull my toes, and a wooden screwdriver chiseled away at my stomach. Then, he has this wooden hammer.mallet thingy and starts pounding away at my thigh. OMG, that hurt. Mind you I was in and out of consciousness at that point. (not really, but it seemed like it).
Funny the difference between Justin and myself when we are ill. I, drug my sorry ass to the market and bought some fruit and tons of Green Machine..by naked Juice..love that stuff. Justin he goes to the liquor store and buys this Russian Imperial Stout type beer. Hmm. Not only does he drink this stuff..he put a shot or two of Vodka in the glass before he poured it in . Gross!
For dinner I made some chicken quesadillas with artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers. It was yummy.
Hopefully tomorrow I can function like normal. I hate being sick..Even worse when hubby and I are sick at the same time. Blah..

2 comments:

B said...

oh no! that stinks.

well i hope you get to feeling better soon. you're a better person than i! if i was feeling like that there would be no dinner -- let alone fancy chicken quesadillas.

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

I second b's comment! I barely feel the "want" to cook let alone something creative! That is why those meals are soooo special!