Monday, October 1, 2007

True Love...









All toddlers have things that they obsess over..some like baseball or Dora or perhaps they only eat goldfish crackers and slice cheese(Jack was on that kick for awhile..that and Kefir)..but this..this obsession of Jacks has me totally tickled pink!
During the day Jack is only sitting still for brief moments..like when hes eating or going poo..other than that..its like a whirlwind of action and activity. In the evening there is one and one thing only that I have come to depend on to get some things done. Good ol' Rachael Ray. Yep. He. Loves. Rachael. Ray. He will park his tiny tooshie on the couch and stare mesmerized at the boob tube for one whole hour. When the commercials come on he yells out desperately "Rach! Rach!!"
Its so cute! Her 30 minute meals comes on at 6pm and is off at 7pm. This evening after her show ended,,he growled and stomped off. Pushing some of his 200 plus hot wheels around on the coffee table he hears that Emeril is coming on..Oh baby..throws the cars with no care in the world and parks himself again to watch Emeril. He asked me if he is going to say "Bam" again. I assured him he probably would. This particular episode was about meat. Different types of sausage, heirloom chickens, lamb chops..beef from Australia..etc. While Emeril was grilling up the chickens he then slathered them with BBQ sauce and I hear Jack say.."Now thats what I am talking about!" lol Funniest damn thing I heard in a long time!
I received a catalog in the mail today called One Step Ahead(even thought I told them I need Leaps and Bounds because Jack is too old for One Step Ahead) anyway on the cover was a child cooking with this totally rad, red, retro kitchen. Jack was begging for it! HAHA I looked to see how much..It was only $249.99 Sheesh..I saw a cute one..wooden too, at Target for $99. Santa is so bring that for him. I wonder if he will be a chef or something..?? That would be so cool We can cook together! Nice...

2 comments:

B said...

that is so awesome! i mean, to all the moms who say the telly is evil: get a life. it's my bff, yo!

survivorman gets adrien -- every time lol

so you have a budding chef...i have a budding survivalist i guess?

but this has to be the cutest thing ever! just wait until he starts saying E-V-O-O.

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

hmmmmmmmm so I have a budding "pokemonist"?