Thursday, October 18, 2007

The 'oh so needed, I can't live without it, I want that or I will freak out all day' Bee


Things are finally looking up, The skies are clear, the snot has stopped and the coughing has ceased..for now anyway. Yesterday was just awful. Jack was literally out of breath all day. he could barely get any words out as he was so wheezy. He used the inhaler a few times with the albuteral. Well he inhaled on the long tube thing that connects to the inhaler. Poor guy. Justin has asthma and Lily was prescribed an inhaler at one appointment awhile back too. When either of the kids get ill, they both have to use the inhaler. Its so scary. I hope they don't develop asthma later on. Jack is doing much better today. no inhaler and he has his appetite back.

So my morning was going fine..(besides the usual argument with Lily regarding clothes..shocking isn't it?!). While doing some dishes this morning, Lily was sitting peacefully at the dining table writing another story(she is constantly bustin out stories left and right, she loves to write), and Jack was mulling about, playing cars and generally causing a ruckus like he normally does in the morning. Then I heard a scream. I stopped the dishes and ran to see what the matter was. Jack was hysterically crying. I tried comforting him and asked what was wrong. He let out with great intensity.." I want to go to Blockbuster!" Uh..what? Then he continued "I want to go..I need that Bee, I need it Mommy! (insert about 6 minutes of insane crying and sobbing here) I had to take a moment to wonder the the hell he's talking about. hmmm.(insert dumb-founded looking mommy who has not had any coffee yet standing and wondering what to do next, here) Oh ya..!! Finally OK..I remember. The other day, Tuesday to be exact..I went to Blockbuster to rent Transformers and while waiting in line I noticed a stuffed 'Bee' from the upcoming Bee Movie with Jerry Seinfeld perched on top of the Coke refrigerator thing they have there. I showed Jack and he was like 'oh..cute'. Didn't say a word about it.

So yeah..that's what he was talking about. Needless to say I went to get it for him. But..we had to wait because it was 8:20 am when those events took place and he didn't understand that they didn't open until 10am. Normally I wouldn't do such a thing, normally I would just say..something like "Uh maybe another time, lets go play" but he was going nuts and if starts crying again then the asthma would come again. So...thank goodness for Blues Clues..we watched that and played for awhile. I was hoping he would forget. But to no avail, that little stinker kept saying 'cmon lets go get the Bee'. Oh well.

Tonights dinner is fajitas..yumm..I will post some pictures of Jack sleeping with his Bee. When we got home and I removed Bee from the ridiculous package..(those things are like Fort Knox to get out..espcially Barbies..and oh Polly Pockets..and Bratz..I could go on and on), Jack promptly named his new prized possession.."Boy Bee'. Aww..

3 comments:

B said...

isn't it crazy that kids hold on to events so long? there was a grasshopper on the screen of one of our windows the other day -- it's been gone...forever. but he still takes me to the window to see it and gets mad when it's not there. the same with a spider that was on our backdoor the other day.

their memory lasts forever!

that pic is too cute :) glad he's getting better. adrien's got the snot and cough now, so yay for us.

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

2 cute with the bee! Gotta love those kids........heck I am not going to lie I do the same thing when I want something!

B said...

i hope everyone is ok! i saw the fires.