Monday, October 15, 2007

Day Home

I kept Lily home today. This dumb cold has everyone feeling crappy. Of course its always worse at night. Shes feeling fine, but has a pretty wicked cough, so I thought it a good idea to keep her home.
It is only 7 o'clock and she has already made a 'staying home from school to do list' ..some of the items are..'get cozy', 'play Bratz', 'play cooking Mama' (its Nintendo DS game) and 'play with Jack'.
Jack feels pretty crummy too. He keeps itching his eyes and sneezing. Poor boo.
Well I have decided to look for a part time job in the evenings. I really just need to get out and the extra $ would be great, there are so many things I want. Sounds terrible I know..but I want a new coffee table, a new dining table, Lily needs a new bed..you get the picture. Its all house stuff..until January or so when we get my new car..then most of the $ will be for a car payment. I haven't worked since July 2004, I was going to go back to work after I had Jack, but the store I worked at (a Hallmark store) closed, so I just stayed home and raised my kids. Prior to that I worked at a animal hospital for 3-4 years and before that Target for about 5 years. I am not sure where I will apply. I was thinking Blockbuster..its about 1 minute walking distance from my home, and they are open late which is good for me. Or maybe Walgreens..hate to do retail.again...but at this point I will do it.
The Charger game was great. Its always a good feeling beating the raiders... :) hee hee.

3 comments:

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

good luck on your back to work search!

B said...

oh, blockbuster! would you get free movie rentals? that'd be worth it in and of itself.

good luck (as amber said). i hope you'll still find time to blog!!! i don't know what i'd do if not.

i hope the kids start feeling better soon! adrien is getting the runny nose again. blah. here we go. again.

how's your skin?

Kelly said...

I would totally love Blockbuster.. :) Thanks for the well wishes! Justin, Lily and myself are much better, but Jack on the other hand is so bad. Has the nasty croupy cough. And how can so much snot come from such a tiny person? Unreal..its pouring out in record amounts. My skin has totally cleared! thanks to Eucerin lotion. Had I known that I would have saved a crapload of moula. :(