Friday, May 16, 2008

Assult from the pines..

This morning after guzzling my big gulp sized coffee, I thought I should go scrub the pool furniture. Jack was excited. All he wanted was to squirt with the hose..he'd do that for hours if I'd let him.
The pool looked awesome..all clean..tidy and ready for all to use. Then it happened. Those pine trees started to assault Jack and myself and messing up the pool area with those needles and those weird orange things that resemble fuzzy worms. I hate those. This insane wind came outta no where and screwed up my pristine swimming area.
Dumb wind.
All my efforts were wasted so I said screw this and little man and I went in for some sugar filled snacks and quality cartoon watching.
Eventually we headed out to the pool. It was quite and still. But wouldn't you know it, it started to get windy again. Pine needles were flying left and right..poking my poor defenseless water baby. He almost started crying. Those little suckers hurt! I got nailed in the forehead and few were shot out like missiles and embedded into my shoulder..and yes folks..blood was shed. Can you believe that? So Jack and I were dodging needles and other random crap that was flying around. We made it back to the house safe and sound.
Who knew it could be so freaking dangerous to take a dip. Did I mention I promised the girl I would throw her in the pool when she gets home from school? I guess this scenario will be repeated again.At least this time we will be prepared by putting on a helmet and busting out the big ass umbrella. .

4 comments:

Alice said...

I was gonna feel all sorry for you until I got to the pool part and since I don't have a pool I'll just smirk a little at your pine problem. ; ) Must win lottery!

B said...

i HATE pine trees. sorry! :/

Soge shirts said...

Nature the one consistent pain in the ass we can always depend on. Gotta love it.

Sue Wilkey said...

UGH!!!! We here in PA have been invaded by tiny little white balls of -I dont know- some nature crap and it is ALL over the surface of our pool. I could skim for hours and get nowhere. I hear ya, sister.