Wednesday, May 7, 2008

She's driving me nuts..

And no, not my daughter this time..my dog..
I have met my match...she is a puker..and I always have to clean it up. But the thing that drives me crazy is that she will eat random stuff..like toys, plastic, poop..(I know.. eeww!) and then it makes her sick..She will go outside for awhile and eat as much grass or whatever we have out there and within oh maybe 15 minutes she starts to hurl. Last night during dinner we all heard a very loud crunching..and Salsa was in the living room..and so were the box of tiny legos Jack and I were playing. So, needless to say around 5 am I woke up to here running in the living room(which is weird because she always goes to the door when she needs to relieve herself) where she proceeded to barf up some bile and the remnants of a green plastic thing. It wasn't a lego though. Weird.
Jack caught her dining on a steamy pile of poop....and I also saw her with a giant terd in her mouth, licking her chops and all. I feel like puking just at the thought..blah..
Shes driving me nuts..she is doing this to herself. Its not like she's a puppy either..you would think she would know better..I mean c'mon, the toys don't even smell like food, (or maybe they do cause Jack doesn't wipe his hands very good).
Whatever..I fear she is going to eat something and the object will block her intestines or something horrible.
I try to have the children play with toys, in their room, but if they do come out here in the living room, not to leave the toys unattended.
As I am sitting here blogging, Salsa in sitting in her bed next to me and all I can here are weird noises coming from her belly. Gosh, its so loud. I am just waiting for her next puking episode..she better get outside quick, because I am tired of cleaning it up. Unfortunately, if this continues, we have not other option then to send her back to Operation Greyhound and have her adopted by someone else..preferably without children. You would think I would have learned my lesson with the kittens..guess I have to learn the hard way...again.

2 comments:

B said...

hmmm, i wonder if the vet could help? i wonder if it's like the pica in kids where they eat weird, random things.

on a side note: the chihuahua i had growing up liked to eat cat crap. UGH. BARF. what is it with smaller dogs?

Kelley said...

hello...I can totally relate. I have 2 dogs and been in very similar situations! Mine always run to carpeting before they throw up. The entire downstairs is wood floor...do they puke there? No, on the rugs or carpet. I cant recall the brand...maybe resolve or woolite pod. Its a spot carpet cleaner and it is little has teh cleaner, sponge part, brush part and it really gets the stain out of carpets.

Good luck!