Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just some food stuff..

Over the hot- ass weekend I managed to get my butt in the kitchen and start creating. Not that the following are any fabulous, one of a kind decadent meals or anything.. but hey they were pretty tasty nonetheless

First up we have some Picante' Lime Chicken...totally scrumptious and spicy...of course my kids have to put cheese and gobbs of sour cream. Apparently they haven't acquired a refined palate yet.. ah well.

Next up..
Mommy's lunch..hee hee'
Totally kidding...(although I did have my fair share of vodka tonics to cool down this weekend.)
Moving on..its suppose to be mixed vegetable quesadillas...which contain..artichoke hearts, red onion, roasted red bell pepper, chilies and of course the chicken and cheese. These ones in particular went without the hearts and onion....didn't have onion and was already hot and irritated in the kitchen and didn't feel like adding another step..oh well they still kicked ass.
Oh yes..the wild caught salmon...hmmm..it was decent..nothing to write home about..doused it with lemon and put on some fresh chopped dill...ehhh..it was OK..the hubs liked it more than I did though...

And last but certainly not least organic home-made chocolaty chip-cookies..oh yeah......
Chocolate Chip Nirvana

This is what I feed my kids...

He has some mad cookie eating skills he takes quite seriously, no?
The new lady that moved in so so nice I just adore her! And to top off her old lady charm...she is a food critic and had her own catering business! We have been swapping food left and right. She is the one who made me that wicked good fudge. So far she is totally diggin' my eats! Yay me! She is teaching me all kinds of little tricks and food tidbits. I heart her!

Hope you enjoyed this random installment of "just food stuff' if your lucky perhaps there will be more...
but this time I think it will be 'just cocktails' ..yeah...I like the sound of that. Cheers!

2 comments:

B said...

All the food looks yummy! (as usual!)

Maybe your food critic lady can take you along to "critique" lol that'd be nice! :-D

all the food talk is making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

jack looks just like you