Friday, May 16, 2008

Thoughts for Friday...

Today is suppose to be hot..maybe 100 degrees. Which is nothing really, considering the fact we occasionally have 'Death Weather', that usually rolls around in July..
I think it was last year, or the one before I can't remember we were at a childs birthday and in the shade it was 113. The thought of that day makes we want to sob and go soak my ass in a cold tub.
But 100 degrees.. that's cake..... I can handle that. I am taking Jack swimming today.
This weekends agenda has nothing exciting on it...maybe some Vodka Tonics...maybe some June Bugs..and of course a heaping of Rock Band.
Last nights sleep was uneventful..except for Salsa doing her occasional dream tongue in which she makes these sounds that are not from this world..it really creeps me out..and all the while she is doing this her eyes roll back and all you see are the whites..its really demonic. Maybe she should go sleep on hubby's side of the bed. *Shudder*
I am still on the hunt for some decent beef jerky for Justin. Trader Joe's so far has had the best damn stuff in town called Snack Masters..but, low and behold they stopped carrying it and now its Trader Joe brand..its decent...but no Snack Master.
Costco is probably in first place now....it is pretty good. We have tried all kids of brands..and most of the time it is disgusting and taste like dog food. Bleh. I actually found some organic apple wood smoked jerky yesterday..texture.. fantastic..taste..moiste, smokey and pretty darn good..but damn it why did they have to ruin it by adding pepper to it. I didn't realize when I bought it that it was 'peppered'..but the only other flavor was pecan crusted or something ungodly. Anyway Justin is the real conesuor of beef jerky...I think this one was a big fat thumbs down. :(
I watched Lars and the Real Girl the other day and it was so quirky and odd and heartwarming..its really good. My kinda movie.
Well off to go down ridiculous amounts of coffee to survive yet another day with a puking dog, a screaming toddler and a hormonal complaining tween... Cheers!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Ooooo..I love beef jerky..except when pieces get stuck inbetween your teeth and then start to smell bad if you don't floss it out. Let us know if you find a winner!

B said...

i can't wait to see that movie!!! :-D

you could always make your own jerky...i mean, or eat the pecan crusted stuff LOL