Thursday, May 22, 2008

Schmoozing with the grown ups..

Tonight is Lily's open house at her school. There is a PTA meeting first, then you head off to the classroom and mingle with the teacher and all the soccer moms. Lucky me.

This is when the kiddos shine and show off to the parent folk all the hard work they have been doing over the year.
Lily is thrilled.
Me..not so much. I mentioned to Justin that I should stay home with Jack..because there is some movie to be shown and I brought up that fact the Jack would not sit still for it and make a big fuss.

Most of that is true.
He'll do his usual routine where he gets shy..and freaks a little due to the volume of humans wondering aimlessly around a over-crowded, stuffy ,classroom.
I want to see Lily's prized possessions at school..I really do. But to actually have to talk to other moms and pops and seem somewhat normal is making me wanna hurl.
I long for more adult interaction..because as all you know..I am slowly but surely going insane having only a 3 year old and a barfing dog to hang with.
But damn it I am picky. I have friends..or shall I say acquaintances.
I have the one friend..shes nice and all but dude..she definitely holds the record for the worst parenting skills. ....ever.
Won't get into details now..saving that piece of work for another post.

Then of course there is the 'organic or nothing' friend.
I understand her viewpoint..to an extent..being semi-health conscious and all..but..I will eat a freaking whopper and I will enjoy every juicy, beefy morsel of that chemically laden cow damn it. Then as her eyes widens in horror I fully intend to chuggalug a ginormous diet Pepsi. Perhaps after all said and done I will sit back and have me a couple two -three beers, and put my hand down my pants and chill in the recliner... Yeah..so that friend didn't last too long if you catch my drift.
Don't forget the 'holy than thou' friend who is so upset because she knows for a fact that I will be charred to a crisp in the depths of hell because I am not a Christian.
Oh how she pity's me.
I really get a kick outta that one..

1 comment:

Marla said...

I have decided that junior high was training for being a mom to an elementary school age child. I have never been so uncomfortable, annoyed, and disgusted as I have since my son started k last year. then I remember Jr. High...

drink up!