Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Grub....

Last night a made Chicken Tortilla Soup. I had never had that before and it sounded great. Justin grumbled a bit when I told him what was for dinner, and funny thing he ate two helpings..this was definitely a winner. Lily liked it at first, but then she realized she hated cilantro, so Justin made her another bowl and she gobbled it up. Jack..he ate the avocado out of it and snubbed the rest. Little stinker.


I refuse to make more than one dinner..sounds mean maybe..but the rule is you have to at least try it..and if you absolutely hate it..you don't have to eat it. Jack asked daddy for something else to eat, because he knows I am NOT a short order cook and will not make multiple meals just to satisfy everyones palate.


The soup was awesome.....thick and hearty. It cooked in the slow cooker for 3 hours. I sliced up corn tortillas in strips to put on top of the shredded chicken and tomatoes. Then there was the cilantro, monteray jack cheese and avocado with lime when I was ready to serve it. Unfortunately the picture turned out blurry..guess I was in a hurry to eat it up.

Tonight's menu

..Cream Cheese Chicken w/ Broccoli....

No comments: