Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gimme' a break already pooch!

I am so tired. Didn't sleep well last night. Was it Jack? Nope. Lily sleep walking again? Nope. Sirens howling in the night. Nope. Not that either. It's Salsa. Again.
I let her out last night during a commercial break of Hell's Kitchen..which was..oh lets say 9:30pm. Turned off the TV after my show and drifted off slowly but surely. 11:30 rolls around and there is Salsa at the door wanting out. I know when she gets up because every single time she does she shakes and it wakes me up. No problem doggie-o! Outcha go. Settled back in nicely..
One hour later..same thing..but this time she doesn't pee or poop, she is running around like a mad dog scarfing up what little grass is left in what is now my backyard toilet.
OK picture that..like 4 more times last night. After what seemed like the millionth time I said oh the hell with this and left her out there..this was at 5am. And of course I couldn't back to sleep, the alarm goes off in an hour anyway. Damn. Why is she doing this? Surprisingly and thankfully she didn't ralph all over the carpet like I figured she would..*fingers crossed!*
And to top it all of, she wakes Jack up from a much needed nap by hacking and/or coughing outside. Probably choking on some weeds...pft...whatever Salsa..
We have spent and arm and a leg buying all this holistic, organic expensive, allergy free dog food..and she goes and eats freaking plastic...brilliant.

2 comments:

B said...

gosh, i'm really feeling bad for you! :( hope the dog situation remedies itself soon.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing I hate more than the dog dictating my sleeping schedule. Grrr. I feel your pain.