Monday, May 26, 2008

Family Fun

Saturday while playing with the kids, Lily declared she wanted short hair. Like right that very moment. I took her to the hair salon where they cut her locks and gave her a really cute bob. I think this style is so fitting for Lily. She absolutely loves it and wants to keep it this way. Fine by me..now there will be no arguments in the morning about hair styles and tangles. Here is the before and after shots.

Being a long weekend we thought it would be fun to have Lily's buddy come over and spend the night. I wanted her to have some fun because that potluck we were planning was canceled due to the cold rainy weather. Not really appropriate for taking a swim.
I took the girls to Blockbuster and loaded up on movies. They insisted on Bambi, Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium, and Labyrinth. I got some weird freaky indie movie called Teeth. I have yet to watch that one. Here is the girls pre movie night mayhem...



And finally we got around to taking these kiddos bowling. The website said $4 per person. However when we get there it was $40 something! And that was only for a 1/2 hour I think. Not to mention Jack couldn't bowl because they didn't have shoes small enough for him. SO we said forget this and walked over to this place called the Boardwalk. Basically a ginormous arcade. Loud, crowded and completely ghetto, we followed the kids around for 45 minutes as they bounced from game to game totally ignoring us. Surprisingly Jack did well considering the sound in there was so loud you basically had to shout to communicate to one another. There was a bazillion kids running around snot nosed and bare-footed with no parent in site. I can't emphasize enough how ghetto this place was..and about 70% of the games didn't work. Luckily we only spent $10 in that hell hole.


Next time we will definitely go miniature golfing.

1 comment:

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG that haircut is the cutest!!!! My 10-year old has the 'long, straggly' look- I'm going to try and talk her into it.