Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bam!





Lily and Jack were totally bored. I was thinking of something for them to do. All Jack wanted to do was get into my cooking utensils and bowls. No problem! He cleaned up some of his thousands of hot wheels and action figure dudes. I busted out tons of bowls, wooden spoons, etc.
Justin even got a box from a package that was delivered the other day (David Lynch's new movie ..'Inland Empire')..and made a makeshift stove for Jack.
Me, feeling spontaneous and excited (I guess a couple 2,3 glasses of wine will do that to ya) suggested to get some real food to play with. I went to the pantry and got some oats,an old pie crust that I never used, rice, crappy coffee beans (that I would only use in times of dire need..yes I am a coffee snob) and some sour jelly bellies and told the kids to have at it. I wasn't even worried about the mess.I am totally a clean freak and I didn't mind about the humongous mess they made..(again thanks to the Gewürztraminer). they had a ball. It was so cute. I didn't mention that Jack constantly wants me to turn on 'cooking show'. He is particularly fond of Rachel Ray, Paula Dean y'all and Emeril..
I am sitting on the couch watching some decorating show and I can here the kids talking amongst themselves, then outta nowhere I hear Jack scream "BAM!" LOL I almost wet myself from laughing so hard. I watched him and he was throwing some rice into a pile of oats and then he did it again.."BAM!" Just like Emeril!
He goes through my kitchen looking for old spice jars, and pepper grinders which is his fav at the moment. I absolutely love it! I hope he continues this passion..maybe Santa will bring him one of those wooden kitchens for Xmas. haha

1 comment:

B said...

oh gosh! LOL that's too funny!

just wait, next he'll be asking to put butter on everything like paula deen. i heart her!