Friday, August 31, 2007

The Muffin Man












Despite feeling under the weather, Jack insists on cooking. No kidding. Everyday..at least..oh I'd say about a bazillion times I hear "I wanna cook" and "gimme everything mom!" How could I say no to this little coughing, snot-nosed, feverish child?
So I thought it fun to have him make muffins. He fancied the idea. Instead of doing everything from scratch like I normally do, I decided to take a short cut since he has very little patience to sift flour, measure out baking powder, etc. So with some help from Krusteaz, we open up a box of Banana Nut mix, add the ingredients needed, then add some of our own touches. He smooshed up some raspberries and blackberries and added those, then made a topping for the muffins with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Into the oven! That was the longest 18-20 minutes of my life..every 11 seconds Jack would say..'did the timer go off yet?' or 'I wanna eat my muffin!' or 'are they done yet?'
Finally time to chow! After cooling for what seemed like an eternity..Jack finally got to taste his creation. From his mouth and I quote "Mom these are tastic!" (fantastic) and "So delicious!" I am so happy he enjoyed the fruit of his labor! Every picture I took, Jack has his eyes closed...haha





1 comment:

B said...

it's so awesome that he loves to cook! :)