Friday, August 24, 2007

Kids in the Kitchen...


Well hopefully..I would like to get the kids in the kitchen to prepare supper..
We are going to make some roasted veggies( zucchini,summer squash,carrots, onions, heirloom tomatoes and garlic, new potatoes all tossed with some olive oil, lemon juice and parsley,oregano and basil) and a organic London broil spiced up with some lemon pepper(to go along with the lemon in the veggies) thyme and tarragon..
I hope they are excited to help. Lily LOVES to bake. Personally, I think supper is so very important. I turn off the TV and we sit as a family and talk about everyones day and the events that took place. I want to teach my children the importance of family togetherness..and how so special it is,to bond with each other and just enjoy each others company. I wish I had more family around.Everyone is far away or I haven't spoken with them in a long time. If my kids decide to move away one day..we are packing up and going too! When the kids are grown and moved out..it is totally MANDATORY to have Sunday Supper back home..haha

1 comment:

B said...

i completely agree with you on the supper issue. we have family dinner every night. even if we're not eating, adrien is sat in his high chair and both of us sit at the table with him and talk -- TV free. cooking dinner and then eating together is what centers everything for me.

even if i've had a bad day, that makes it so much better.