Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Salt Dough Bakers...























I was going to make bread with the children today, but I apparently suck at that. So..a net friend suggested salt dough. Brilliant! We got all the stuff together and the kids had a blast. Lily swears she is going to be a baker. Awesome.

We made a bunch of butterfly shapes with a nifty cookie cutter and some random other shapes(still not sure what I am going to do with those) We baked them for about 20 minutes and let them cool. Then we painted them and poked holes and used my knitting yarn to hang them. It was fun. I am so making our holiday ornaments this year with that. Thanks B!!

Here are the pictures I took with the kids hard at work! Oh ya, Lily also used some of it to create a cute little sculpture. Its mushrooms in a forest with a pond. I love it to pieces! Its adorable!

3 comments:

B said...

yay! i'm so glad you guys enjoyed that. it's such a cheap activity too.

the pics are adorable as always! :-D

Anonymous said...

Hey sis
Looks like you all had fun. Send me the recipe for this dough. I think Jacob would have fun with this too! Talk to ya soon.
Kiss those kiddos for me!

B said...

don't hate me if the pie tastes the opposite of what it looks.

and seriously. refer to a better crust recipe. good luck!