Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Luau

We had our luau today and it was fun..I made the best ever kabobs(even if I humbly say so myself), there was salsa, an Arabic meat dish called 'Gus', beer bread with this amazing garlic dip, and the most chocolaty brownies, that were so moist and chewy.you couldn't just eat one. Well maybe it was just me, cause I had two pieces of that heavenly sweet. I had a few sips of a strawberry daiquiri..not into it I guess. Also for the first time I chatted with some of my tenants, that I've only said hello to in passing. They are so nice. They are all into renicanse and mid evil stuff. The guy even brought out some 16th century fencing swords..he also had some daggers, but didn't bring those out. They showed pictures of them 'renewing their vow' in a beautiful mid evil ceremony. It was really cool. I am actually going to go with them in October to help cook a mid evil feast for about 70ish people..is around All Hallows Eve..I think on October 27th..not sure. But i will be outfitted in a cool getup. Fun..can't wait. It is actually called a Harvest Festival..do to different religious people who don't celebrate Halloween or something. Anyway, should be totally fun. I love to cook. So learning to cook with methods that were used in that era is going to be neat.
Well off to bed I go..
P.S. I totally forgot to take pictures..Oh well...

1 comment:

B said...

oh i love going to the renaissance festival.

and cooking? that would be GREAT! it might take forever though lol