Sunday, August 5, 2007

Saturday Yummies...







Today I made home-made clam chowder for Justin. I have made this once before and i didn't like it. This time I used a different brand of clams. I actually liked it alot. Justin liked the first batch better. Lily even gobbled some up. The first batch was to fishy tasty for me. I am not a huge fan of fish. He's the one who wanted the chowder in the first place.
Second I made a beef and rice casserole and it was splendid. This could actually be used for nachos or a burrito. Yummy.
Some of my tenants wanted to have a Luau at the pool. So today is the day. There will be tiki torches, grass skirts and frozen drinks. I am making chicken kabobs. There will also be beef,burgers and dogs for the kids..(don't think their palate is developed enough to appreciate kabobs just yet). I am doing 2 batches of kabobs...one with terriayki and peppers,onions, mushrooms..the other I marinate the chicken in Italian dressing and some of the veggies. That is my favorite. Its so tasty. I am going to have only one drink. Justin is having zero..not even beer. He is on a diet and doing so good! I am so proud..he is really keeping at it and won't budge, there is no more beer in the house. I am starting too. Here are some pictures of the dishes I made Saturday. I will post Luau pictures later.

1 comment:

B said...

you mean there are actually people who don't appreciate kabobs? haha

i hope you guys have fun! dance a hula for me.