Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Farm..that wasn't there.....









There was a cute little farm down the road from Lily's school..(which is just about 10 walking minutes from here) She visited it in kindergarten and Justin and I took the kids awhile back. I was on a search for some fresh local eggs.
Anyway..I thought today was a great day for a walk. So we packed up the stroller and headed out to 'the farm'. We left here about 930am. It took us about 25 minutes to get there. We noticed some construction but didn't think anything of it. Wouldn't you know it the farm was closed and they were selling it. What! I guess I should have phoned ahead of time. I felt so badly for the children because they were looking forward to feeding the cows and seeing the goats and the black pot bellied pig. I, was excited to get some fresh eggs and any other organic goods they may have. I know they have some local honey, but i just bought some at the market the other day. Disappointed..we started to turn back, but then we noticed a horse and a small barn up the road from the farm. It was a ranch with a few horses(Lily's favorite). We walked up there and Lily fell in love immediately with a friendly white horse..who was quite fond of her too. Jack was fascinated by the 'big, big poop' that was in the horses pen.




When we got home I made some lunch and then I took Lily to the pool for awhile. Saturday we were going to go here..http://www.summerspastfarms.com/ but they are closed til the 15th! We'll have to think of something fun. Here are a few pictures of Lily and a four legged friend.

2 comments:

B said...

so did you get any of the "eggs brown green grass fed"? do they actually have green eggs? or are they fed green grass? lol

Kelly said...

I didn't get any this time because we couldn't even go in..It was weird. It looked like it was abandoned, but there were still a few animals we could see in the distance. I saw one lone farmer working way off yonder..but sadly no eggs this time. :(