Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Domestic Bliss..well sort of anyway.

Monday was a busy day. Thus I enjoyed it fully. I hate doing nothing. I need to be busy and have things planned and stuff. I'm just weird and anal like that.
I babysat my friends daughter..(Lily's best friend) all day..from 730 am to 415pm. No fights to speak of. It was grand. I had told Lily I would take them somewhere..but unfortunately I wasn't able too. I had my plumber coming, the electrician, and the bug guy.
All she wanted to so was to go to the pet store and pet a dog.
Hello, there's a pooch right here you silly. Apparently Salsa just won't cut it. Whatever...
I made beef stroganoff yesterday..(forgot to picture it though), then being the awesome wife that I am I decide that it would be good to get up with Justin this morning and make him breakfast while he was in the shower. I had bought some pork sausage the other day. I have a herb box in the back yard with mint, cinnamon basil and sage.
I went to the back yard to harvest some sage to spruce up the sausage.
Yummy. I also harvested some mint and I mixed that with some lemonade I made..
that was really good.
Once I get started, its hard to stop. What next? Ahh, banana bread. We need banana bread!

That turned out good, and I made a crumble topping of dark brown sugar and cinnamon.

I have no clue what today calls for. My house is clean, the laundry is done, the backyard was raked..what can I do? I suppose there is organizing...yeah, I like to do that. Talk about anal, one time I organized my friends sock drawer. I arranged them alphabetically by color name..aqua, black, brown, chartreuse, etc. Its a sickness really. I guess I can make next week menu's. That's not done yet, I normally do that Saturday. Oh I will be so ahead of schedule, sweet.

3 comments:

Amy said...

There's plenty to do over at my house, drop by anytime...heehee!

Alice said...

You depress me. You're like super mom. You actually grew your own herbs and USED THEM! And now I want a piece of banana bread slathered in butter. Don't taunt us like that.

Sue Wilkey said...

Dude. Mint + liquid = MOJITO.