Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thats it..I am so done....

You know the whole saga of the Staph that has been going on? Yeah, I know, I am going to bore you with more mundane crap..
So I finish the whole bottle of these little blue pills..(Clindamyacin) which mind you made me feel like complete garbage and did a number on my GI tract for 10 days. I got it on with my nostrils, rubbing this weird ointment in there..I washed myself with the orange stinky-ass goo they gave me.
I followed the directions to a T.
So for shits and grins I decided to call and see the results of my culture they took that night in the Urgent Care.
A nurse called me back.

Nurse Boy : "Weird, you don't have Staph, nothing grew on the culture,"

Me: (chocking on my diet Pepsi ) regaining my composure,"What, are you kidding me? The Dr. said I had it."

Nurse Boy "Kelly, I don't know what to tell you..its not there"

Me: "You have got to be kidding me..I took this whole bottle of stupid antibiotics and did all this crap and I don't have Staph? But..but..I thought..."

Nurse Boy: (clears his throat) "Yeah I know..I don't know what to say..you just don't have it. Maybe you had it the first time you came in for your c-section scar, but those antibiotics cleared that up, and this too,"

Me " Dude, I only took 3 of those antibiotics before, there is no way those 3 cleared up this case of so-called Staph..I didn't even have the 'bite' yet"

Nurse Boy "Yeah..weird"

Oh hell..
I hung up.
Why can't I ever get someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about? Seriously, didn't Dr. so and so go to medical school for X amount of years? And he can't tell me if I have/had Staph?
I am so done...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, I feel your aggravation. Even though they told me that is what I had, they couldn't tell me how to stop from getting it again. Thankfully it has not come back since.

The Mom Jen said...

That is SCREWED UP! I swear you can get a medical degreen in a box of Fruit Loops these days, i'm so sorry!

krysta said...

goes to show drs don't know shit half the time!

Alice said...

You, my dear, need to find some new health people. Those guys are soooo F***ED up!

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh..crazy...is that nasty thing finally gone?

I so missed your blog...the pic below is so cute!