Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My personal GhostBuster..

Lily has always been interested in spooky stuff. And when I say spooky, I mean like Goose Bump books/movies...Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark and she loves Halloween. Lately she is getting a little obsessed about it. For instance..I took them to the library yesterday to get some books. We head over to the kids section and Jack runs immediately to the wooden fire truck box they have there in the middle of the story time rug. He likes to stand than for awhile and dream he is a fire fighter...way cute.
Lily does her usual. Scanning for scary stories.. Unfortunately she finds two books..2 of the most ridiculous joke books. If I have to hear a 'knock, knock' joke one more time....she loves them though..
She also picked out a Katie Kazoo Switcharoo book called "I Hate Rules"...how appropriate.
And finally she comes across this gem of a book..

She has read it cover to cover 3 times.
There is a ghost hunter in the book, her name is
"Dee Bunker", Lily has found her hero! She has been taking notes and such from this book, drilling Justin and I if we have had an encounter with a poltergeist. Now...she wants a freaking Ouija Board.

Oh hell no.
I don't remember how that came about..
There is a picture of items in the book you need to be a 'ghost hunter'..She is currently at the kitchen table writing down all this crap and gathering all sorts of weird things to become a ghost hunter. She is also wanting to research haunted houses in our area. This is so funny..she goes from playing fairies to hunting poltergeists..what a change..
If you ever need a ghost banished from your home, you know you can count on my 8 1/2 year old ghost hunter girl to take care of it. :)
She just asked me for her birthday if she can get a electromagnetic detector!!!

4 comments:

B said...

I heard about the earthquake. Hope you guys made it through ok ;)

i'll be a regular on your blog again soon -- promise. how goes it?

Alice said...

I went through a phase where I read a lot of ghost stories also.

And yeah, HELLZ NO to a ouija board in the house.

I will admit to being intrigued by that show Ghost Hunters International whenever I manage to catch it. It's usually not too scary and she might get a kick out of it.

Amy said...

I'd be so thrilled if my 11yr. old liked to read that much. My 8 yr. old does, but hasn't come up with anything she's obsessed with yet.

Sue Wilkey said...

I was totally like that at her age (I still love paranormal stuff) But in all seriousness, and I'm not a freak, NO OUIJA BOARD. Scares the crap outta me. Does she watch Ghost Hunters?