Thursday, July 17, 2008

Easy peasy Casserole

I am totally not feeling good, in fact I feel like a pile of shit. My leg/thigh is hot and pulsating. I made a poultice and Lily applied the paste on for me. We'll see how its is tomorrow. If I am still alive I guess I will head to the dreaded doctor..uggg, I hate going. you all know my experiences with docs..not so good ya know.
I was not up for preparing some grand spread complete with caviar and sushi, so I threw some beef and onion in a skillet..browned it, drained it. Added 1 1/4 cup of water, 1 cup of rice, one can (undrained) diced tomatoes, one can (drained) green chilies, handful of sliced olives, a dash of Worecestershire, sprinkle of chili powder and a pinch of beef bouillon. Brought to a boil. threw in in the oven at the universal temp of 350 degrees for about an hour..took it out, dumped a bunch of cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, presto dinner in a serious flash. Its called Beef and Rice Casserole. You should also add diced celery to the pan while cooking the onion and hamburger, but I didn't have any and if I did I was way to lazy to clean and cut it up anyway..
This is a total hit with my gang. Anything with cheese and sour cream totally rocks. Who doesn't like that? Lily would eat a freaking cockroach if it were smothered in sour cream. Maybe I should just hook up an IV and have it delivered straight to her belly, haha..then there would be no clean up!

A quick side note: Jack kept saying how delish this was and how he will be a big boy and eat all his food. He also said about 10 times "Mommy, this taste just like blueberry pie, its so good"

Whoooaa!!

What?

Blueberry Pie..WTF???

6 comments:

Alice said...

I am going to attempt this dish. I think Babycakes would eat this - he's soooo picky. And we're big fans of the sourcream too.

Kelly said...

oooh..did you like it?
I actually had leftovers for breakfast. Who doesn't like to eat beef and rice at 730 in the morning? lol

Amy said...

Food looks really yummy! I hope you feel better soon, better get to the doc and let us know what he says it is.... :)

Have a great weekend!

Sue Wilkey said...

I usually never read "recipe" posts on account of I hate to cook. 2 things I don't have in common with most bloggers: cooking and scrapbooking. BUT....this looks E-A-S-Y and yummy. So for the first time in my bloggy career, I am stealing this recipe!

Caroline said...

That looks so good!

Hope your leg gets better..damn full moon and spiders!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks delicious! I love everything that goes into it too. (especially the sour cream) Guess what we're gonna have over at the "Foster Home" tonight. :)