Monday, July 7, 2008

A few good things, and then the most crappy, suckiest thing

OK so you read the last post, right? The one where I finally got my ass out there and got me a license..(I am all grown up now..haha!)

Well I finally am getting a car...a real car..all for ME!! I was suppose to get it today but apparently its on route from Kansas City..they guy said it should be here by the end of the week. If I can wait how many years..than a few days is nothing.

Drum roll please......

I am getting a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt,..here is a picture of one..the color of mine is a slate charcoal, maybe a little darker than this..not sure yet.

I am so excited I am beyond thrilled!


More good things...


I taught Lily to make coffee!! Justin found my gnomes! I made Justin a home-made BBQ chicken pizza that was so wicked good, I even liked it.

Normally I don't go for that kind of pizza, but this one so totally rocked!

Made some awesome chili mac stuff..turned out pretty good, except it was a bazillion degrees when I decided to make this dish and I was so freaking hot.


Brown up so hamburger and diced onions, drain off fat,



add a can of chili beans, can of diced tomato's(undrained) can of tomato sauce, can of diced green chilies, hand full of chili powder, bunch of garlic..(can't really tell you how much cause I don't measure shit) and one box of Barilla elbow macaroni, simmer this for about 25 minutes..(no need to cook the noodles cause they cook while simmering) and then throw a bunch of cheese on the top and presto a one pot wonder.




Now the bad..

Friday night we were at the pool for a bit and Jack complained of his penis hurting..didn't think much of it since he was totally acting normal..he got out of the pool and peed like 2 times. Later I took him in and I stayed out there with my friends and Lily and her friend, Jack was inside w/ Justin. After a bit Justin hollered for me to come quick. I left our little shindig and stumbled to the house(everyone except the kids were celebrating the 4Th with cocktails and such, so we were all pretty hammered). Jack was inside hysterical..crying and crying..saying he can't pee. WTF!!?? Omg..










I went to 711 and bought some Cranberry juice for him and gave him some right away. Lily's friend was suppose to sleep over, but we ended up sending her home so we could just focus on Jack and what the hell was going on. Sounds like a uti to me. It was awful to see him in so much pain. All Jack wanted to do was sleep. Lily ended spending the night over at her friends house..(the one that was suppose to sleep here). He slept peacefully through the night as Justin and I layed there barely sleeping just worrying about him. I finally fell asleep for 2 hours and woke at 330am to take some Excedrin. 6am Jack wakes to pee. Or so he thought. Poor guy had drank so much juice and Kefir his bladder was ready to burst I'm sure. He gets to the potty and maybe 2 drops of urine comes out..and then he starts screaming and wiggling around in pain..it was absolutely awful. We immediately call Urgent Care(this was at 7) but they don't open until 9am.... We went to the emergency room at Kaiser. We got taken back about 15 minutes after arrival which was great..they take his temp and all that and send us to some little bed and closed the curtain. The nurse told us to take him to the bathroom and have him pee in a cup. Justin took him and Jack was able to get a few drops if that..We give it to the nurse and he says that's not enough. He brought Jack two cans of juice and says 'start chugging kiddo'. Eventually they 'bagged' him..taping a urinal type bag around his penis so any urine he did manage to get out would be collected in that bag. It was so hard to listen to Jack cry and cry. Finally after what seemed like for ever there was enough urine. We almost lost this liquid gold due to Jack getting pissed and practically ripping off the damn thing. The nurse guy took it for a urinalysis and we sat waiting..and waiting and waiting. There was a baby next curtain over to us barfing, teething, having double ear infections and constantly screeching..poor thing..then a kid with a broken wrist, some old folks, one of which I heard had taken a spill, the other had a tray to puke in and was dazed and confused. Our total time there was 3 hours..which is pretty good considering it was the morning after the 4Th. Jack was screaming so loudly ..begging for medicine..we kept peeking out of the curtain , but to no avail..everyone was busy or gone. After about 45 more minutes of screaming to be drugged up the er doc came back and said sure enough there was some sort of infection..uti or whatever. She writes a Rx for Sulfatrim and sends us on our way. Instructs us to call back for the results of the culture in 48 hours.

We gave him the first dose in the car which was 10 ish ..We get back home and he keeps trying to pee since he drank all the juice at the er. We put him in a warm shower and he does pee a little but fights us the whole way, trying to hit and punch us because he was in so much pain, shaking and trembling violently. I have never seen him like that. After an hour or 2 of this I call and ask them to call back..it says on the paperwork that most of the time the doc will also send pain medicine which turns the urine a weird red-orange color. They didn't give it to us.

Finally the nurse calls and I ask for it. She then tells me that Jack's pee is totally perfect..no ketones, no protein, no glucose..totally perfect pee. Uh...huh? Then wtf did they say otherwise. She couldn't tell me anything because they apparently can't talk to er people since they are pediatric nurses. Oh hell, that is retarded.

I call this morning for the results of the culture. I get a call back a wee bit later and wouldn't you know..the culture is fine..no nothing. Negative..zilch..

I felt bad because I let the nurse have it..I know it wasn't her fault..she was calling from Jacks pediatricians office. Apparently, they did a 'urine dip' right in the er and that showed proteins or something..so that was what the er doc was going off of, that's why she gave him that Rx. I still don't understand how a dip could show something bad and a complete urinalysis shows nothing. Granted I am not in the medical field but I would think they would show the same thing? We stopped the antibiotics..the nurse said to do so. I asked if I should bring Jack in for a follow up w/ Dr. Mattson and she says no, just push fluids. Jack is fine and actually started to pee on his own Saturday afternoon. What a freakin fiasco.

4 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Omg how horrible, i've had a few UTI's in my life and they are torture, pure and simple. Sounds whacked...there's a pill for the urgency to go and he should have gotten on antibiotics straight way...grr Kaiser (hubby uses them).

Glad you're getting a car, cool! Oh and your chili recipe sounds so good!

Alice said...

I am so thankful that your boy is alright. GirlChild had a UTI they didn't catch (because those fools didn't listen to me...long story) and it turned into a kidney infection and now she's got this dangerous reflux into her kidneys. She's been on antibiotics for a year and will be on them for another year and a half. Don't fool around with your pee pee!!!

And sweet car - I'm so jealous. I've never had a brand new car in my life. I'll keep dreaming.

Amy said...

Congrats on your new car, that one is way cool!
Your poor baby! I could almost feel his pain, that is terrible. Hopefully he will be ok now.

Caroline said...

What a crazy couple of days...poor little guy--and you too! I had so many uti's growing up I lost count--most painful things ever! Glad to hear Jack is better. At least you can breathe easier. Come over to my blog and chill...

Your car is sweet.