Thursday, July 31, 2008

Turkey Lasagna and Mushroom Roast

Here are a few things I made lately. Nothing fancy or exciting..but I like food. And I like pictures. So there you go.
I made the rockin' mushroom roast...
Its super easy..get a roast..quality cut..not like chuck..(because those are too tough..) maybe a rump roast..
Put it in one of those granny roasters..(you know the dark ones with white specs..yeah those) and dice up onion, garlic and a generous handful of steak seasonings..like McCormick and put it on top.
Then dump a can of cream of mushroom soup over the whole thing and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.

De-Lish and melt in your mouth tender.

Next up Turkey Lasagna..

I wanted to use something a wee bit leaner than beef, so turkey it is. I cooked a pound of that in a skillet with some oregano and basil (from the planter out back).



Added a jar of sauce..can't remember what type..I think it was roasted garlic or something..anyway..let that simmer for a bit while the lasagna noodles cooked.
After that was done, just start assembling the lasagna.


I used fat free ricotta and low fat mozzarella..I also used a Italian blend of 4 cheeses. Normally I use fat free cottage cheese, but the ricotta was on sale.
Put in oven for 30 minutes at 350.
Looks perdy baking away in there, huh?


It was tasty.

Lily did NOT like it. She said it was too cheesy.
I couldn't disagree more. More and more she is not liking cheese. How is this possible? Can she really be my child? lol
Tonight I was going to make Ricotta Bowls. But after last nights dis satisfaction with that lasagna I need to think of something else since apparently my daughter loathes cheese..

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that looks so good. I have a child who doesn't like cheese either. Wierd, I know. She'll eat it in some forms, but not others. She didn't get that from me.

kimamurphy said...

What is a ricotta bow? Do tell.