Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tonights Menu

I haven't been getting it on in the kitchen lately. I guess I am just too anxious..waiting for this car is complete torture. I was suppose to get it Monday. Bad weather in Kansas City delayed it until the end of this week. OK..I can wait. Then Justin calls me and asks if I want the bad or the good news. Bad news first: its still stuck on this slow ass train somewhere in Oklahoma and won't be here until Monday or Tuesday. Sigh. This is a test..a major test of patience. That is one virtue that I so do not have. I am the most impatient person one will ever meet. The phrase "patience young grasshopper" keeps repeating in my head. The good news? It has a 6 disc cd player. Oh hell I don't care about that.

So I sit here waiting. I can do this..Patience... Ommmmm......

Oh yeah, back to the food.

After much deliberation and looking I found something to make.
I decided on herb crusted salmon cakes with a lime dill dipping sauce and a black bean salad. (Kudos for my big sis for that salad idea.) I have never made black bean salsa stuff. I think it looks so pretty with all the colors.


The rule in my house is you have to at least try whatever concoction I create if it totally and completely makes you gag then I'll bust out the Easy Mac,..but you HAVE to try. And it goes without saying, Lily takes one glance at this beautiful salad and mutters something under her breath that sounded like"omg, like what the heck is that stuff? I am so not even touching that, its gross and disgusting. Mom, why can't you just make mac and cheese or something..God..*rolls eyes and turns up her nose in that snotty tween way*(Insert 3 1/2 minutes of annoying whining and blah blah blah here).
She knows how I am and succumbs to my rules and takes the first bite. And then another, and another. What a terd. She loved it. Jack..well he did actually almost barf and he ran to the trash..apparently his refined taste buds haven't fully developed, poor kid.

A enthusiastic thumbs up from the hubs. Sweet.

Lily is oh so thrilled about tomorrows menu:

Roasted Red Pepper soup with creme fraiche and cilantro with grilled herb garlic-y bread, stay tuned!

4 comments:

Alice said...

I can't get over how much you cook. I don't think I can be friends with you any more.

And my kids are like that. "Mom...this looks barfy." 5 minutes later, it's all gone.

Anonymous said...

The black bean salad looks so good! I think I am gonna have to make some now. Glad it worked out and at least one kiddo liked it!
What happened to the crab cakes? The salmon sounds good too!

Caroline said...

Ommmmmmmmmm. Patience. My arch nemesis. Good luck with that! Dinner looked good...I wanna come to your house!

Thistlemoon said...

Wow, that all looks so great! Perfect summer meal, I think! "Patience is a Virtue"...

There, did that help at all???!! ;)