Wednesday, July 9, 2008

K-9 Vacuum

Awhile back I bought these totally cute barrette like clips for my hair. Little flowers..like daisies They looked like this:


My hair is getting crazy long and instead of cutting it like I always end up doing I decided to get a bunch of hair accessories to jazz it up a bit so I won't get bored with it and chop it off.


The other night I had taken BOTH of them off (yes that's right, there were two of these cuties in the package) and set them on my dresser next to my bottle of water. Off to sleep I went. I woke once to drink some water. Five minutes later slumberville.

Fast forward a few hours to me waking to Salsa being totally annoying and wanting outside. Whatever.

She heads to the minuscule patch of greenery we have left and starts eating. I just figure she ate shit again or some of Jack's toys. Nothing new here. But you know come to thing about it, she hasn't had a vomit episode for over a month now..wow, that's impressive. I think that is a record for her.

After Justin is off to work and I make my coffee I make the kiddos some breakfast and go wonder to my room to make myself presentable..after all my tenants will be showing up at my house and paying rent..(I have this one, and only one tenant that I have to write out a receipt for and then he comes inside and talks to me for 5 hours..sigh..whatever).

I grab my water bottle which was empty from me chugging it in the middle of the night . Next I grab my two cutie pie clips that I just totally heart. Hmmm..theres only one. Maybe I knocked it over last night when I reached for my water. (I should note here that Salsa sleeps in our room and her bed right next to my side of the bed on the floor). I look under that..nothing. I look under my bed..nothing. Maybe it fell in my underwear drawer in the dresser. I dump the whole damn thing out looking for this clip. Can't find it anywhere. I get distracted again because Salsa needs to go out again and Lily wants coffee..(yeah she likes it now that I taught her to make it..I give her like a smidge in a tea cup and of course just like her mama she needs a little coffee with her creamer..haha and we drink together and toast the day together. She loves it and feels so grown up..its cute)

Salsa is out frantically searching for some more green. Sorry doggie dog, you ate the last two strands of green weeds last night, your shit out of luck.

Then like a freight train it finally hits me. Duh..I knocked it over last night when I grabbed my water. I just picture it now..in slow motion falling and heading straight for the K9 vacuum. NNNOOOOO!!!!! It awakened the eating machine and promptly eats my lovely hair thingy.

Bingo. She totally ate my clip and that's why she is having tummy issues. Grrr..that dog is driving me up the wall and around the corner. How many times does she have to eat some random object before she learns her lesson. The other day Justin ate a hot dog and left the napkin on the love seat. Well duh..that's snack time for Salsa..I came into the living room and saw her blissfully eating it.

Any sane person would just say..'hey go back to Target and buy another set' ..however I bought the very last one. And I am not going to spend another $6 for them either. Frugal is my middle name now that I am getting my car and my insurance is more than the car payment!

I am just waiting for Salsa to barf or crap it out..then I'll clean it off and put back in my hair...

Totally kidding, thats disguting! Although thats what Lily had mentioned to do! Haha

Oh and look at these..aren' they so freakin' cute? I love these lil' muffins. I used the tiny muffin tin from Pampered Chef to make like 5 thousand of these things. Adorable!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Good luck with hair thingy...my step-mother's dog ate socks...they never came out fully and therefore required some pulling out at potty time! Could you even imagine???

Amy said...

That is too funny! Dogs are as bad as goats sometimes... :)

The Mom Jen said...

Bummer on the clip, hope the pup is okay. and YUM, can you send me a few muffins?

Alice said...

You need to read the Janet Evanovich books. The dog, Bob, eats everything and is such a funny character. (He barfs or poops everything back out in great situations.)

Sarah said...

That's what totally gets me about dogs--they don't miss a thing that falls on the floor (edible or not), yet somehow they can have this "who me?" look on their faces like they are on another planet. I hope Salsa's tummy feels better soon!