Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Annoyed and Irritated

Lily had her friend over this morning. All went good..for the most part. After swimming they needed to be fed..
No problemo..
Let's see..what can I whip up..

Me "I could make some couscous with chives and herbs..topped with Parmesan and some chicken."

The tween girls "Ewww..whats coz coz??"

Me "Hmm.."

Me "OK then..I could make Monte Cristo's..I have all the stuff for that..and its quick"

Girls "We don't want to go to Monty Criscos to eat"

Sigh...
Ultimately..they won and went in the pantry and insisted I made this...
I guess my mind was wandering thinking of how I could spruce this up..even if a little..adding maybe some Gruyere cheese and some bread crumbs then baking it in the oven. Topped with some tarragon and there you have it.
I was draining the mac and cheese in the sink and not paying too much attention and the lid came off and the macaroni plopped out in the sink.


Oh hell.
The girls thought it was intentional..but it wasn't, I swear!
Although what a perfect opportunity to make one of the other things I mentioned..
no such luck.
Later that afternoon I went to Target to get a few random things..(sunblock, paper plates..you know, that kinda stuff).
I took Lily's friend along and off we went.
Then it happened.
My daughter turned into some weird spawn of Satan and acted up like I never seen her do.
She was trying to 'look cool' I suppose in front of her cell phone sportin', mp3 player listenin', totally hip and stylish friend..
Running amuck in toys, then up to electronics, then she ran to the bathroom..AT THE OTHER END OF THE STORE!!!
And didn't tell me. Jack and i were one isle over looking at some tanks and boy stuff. I told Lily and her bud to stay in that isle. I heard running and new it was them. Jack and I went up to electronics thinking they were there lokoing at cell phones..nope, then we ran back to toy section..in a state of fucking panic..
Then she appeared from behind the games and said "It was an emergency..I had to pee'
God child..you don't leave..if you had to pee, then freaking tell me!!!
She said she didn't have time for that.
oh what a crap of shit excuse.
There was more little incidents..like spraying Men's Axe Body Spray all over each other..running and knocking crap over.
Big mistake..
Not only did she look lame..but she totally got in trouble in front of her friend and all the fine folks shopping at Target.
Wtf was her problem?
I am so annoyed and irritated..hence the title of this post..
I guess thats a 'nice and to the point' title then what I was originally going to call it..something along the lines of
"What the hell is she thinking when she acts like that and shoots me the looks that could kill and when all said and done she fucking asks if she and her new little homie can have a Slurpee and then go chill at her house..."
Yeah..don't think that would fit.

7 comments:

christy said...

it's soo funny how kids act when they are with friends crazy little ones thats makayla for sure can't you wait till age 15

Caroline said...

OMG...you need a drink! I need a drink after reading this. If my child pulled that off...holy crap...she would be in so much trouble!!! One of my favorite punishments is to make her write what she did wrong and that she will never do that again 100 times. I swear. I think for your situation it could go something like this: "I will never run away from my Mom in Target and spray men's cologne all over the place...I will be more respectful to my parents." 100 times!!! I will tell you...it's one of the most effective punishments. (by the way, I make her use a pencil on lined notebook paper...it's long, tedious and memorable).

I think the new little homie may need to go...

Kelly said...

Caroline-we have done that before! But this time..oh boy was she mad..we took down all her beloved posters in her room and Justin printed out some things (I will listen to my parents, I will not have an attitude, and more) on pieces of paper..and now, thats the decor in her room..and she is so mad!!
She is being so nice and all apologetic now..

Amy said...

I hate the attitude they get at that age. Like we are the ones that don't know anything, and we live to make their lives miserable. One day they will appreciate us, I hope.

Caroline said...

I am so not looking forward to this phase...it's coming and I am scared! It will take all my "Zen powers" to control myself.

Unknown said...

OHhh Kelly-I woulda died if my beans did that BUT I love her new decor hehehe thats a really smart idea!

Alice said...

I'd be pretty pissed too.

I absolutely hate it when kids come over and won't eat food I put out. And I don't even put out crazy stuff. I mean, they look at me funny when I cut up a freakin' apple or actually intoduce a vegetable to their life.