Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Zesty Eats...

Today I had no inspiration at all...no ideas on what to make.
However..I ALWAYS have chicken..ALWAYS..
You and me both know you can make anything with chicken. I happen to see a bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing too...uh huh...

Zesty Dinner..Kelly Style...
*Put chicken in Ziploc bag



*Pour in 1/2 bottle of dressing

*Sprinkle in gobs of spices..whatever you have on hand that sounds good..here's what I used...(I also used ginger, but add after I took this picture)

*Mix it all up to get everything coated.. and get out any air in bag...put in fridge for 4ish hours...


*Cook 2 bags of Wacky mac tri colored pasta according to directions..drain and run cold water over it...drain again..put in large mixing bowl

*open a can of diced tomatoes
* plop it in

*Sprinkle a container of Feta Cheese (the basil and sun dried tomato variety) over the pasta.

*Pour in remaining 1/2 bottle of Zesty dressing


*Dash of Parmesan
*Top with some more spices..(I used basil)

*Place in fridge until chicken is done

*Grill chicken

*Open 2 cans of organic corn..(run it under water to get off add salt)

*Pile each of the above items on plate and dine with your family..


**(Note..this type of chicken tastes best when you have some fresh lemon to squeeze on each bite..unfortunately we had zero, so we used lime instead..)

I must add also, that while I was making this..I thought Lily and Jack were getting dressed after their shower..(we just got back from the pool)..however I was sadly mistaken..when my dear daughter introduced me to her new friend.."Sarah"
Lookie here....

Poor Jack...he gets to take the brunt of Lily's boredom..
He should run...run far away..

4 comments:

Amy said...

OH. MY. GOD! Your little boy....hahaha, I cracked up. Totally. He IS the bomb baby :D

Caroline said...

Poor jack (although he looks like he is enjoying his outfit!).

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessed be.

You have a great page going here. I look forward to coming here and reading and commenting often.
If you want, there is a recipe on my blog for herbed cheese if you would like to look at it.

Have a great week and keep cooking!

Unknown said...

Kelly I am licking my screen again! That chicken and pasta look sooo good!

and I soooo needed a good giggle today jack looks ummmm adorable! tooo funny!

I left you a lil something on my blog...