Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ricotta Bowls...

Ricotta Bowls..
The first time I made these I followed some recipe..this time I lost the recipe..couldn't remember what the heck goes in these little eats..so I just made it up as I go...so much fun that way!

Put 1 container of Ricotta Cheese in bowl

Chop up some cooked chicken breast and toss it in...

Throw in a handful of herbs and spices..I used onion powder, garlic, thyme, marjoram, and black pepper. Maybe something else too but I forgot.
Crack in one egg...

Add some shredded cheese..I used Italian blend..a good handful..
Slice up half an onion and put in a skillet with a pad of butter..

cook until they look like this:

Dump the caramelized onions into the cheese mixture..blend it up good..

Get 1 ready made roll of pie crust and break off a small amount and roll it into a ball and form a bowl like thingy and mold it into a cupcake pan..like this

Then fill each one to the top with a generous heaping of ricotta stuff

Bake at 450 for maybe 13 minutes
Then take out..let them cool and enjoy.



By the way Lily actually ate these little bowls and loved them..

3 comments:

kimamurphy said...

These sound sooo good! I am gonna try em..I wonder how they would taste with crab meat instead of chicken..Try it and let us know Kelly!!

Caroline said...

Ok...the salsa and peanut butter mixture is throwing me off...I need to open my mind with this one.

Unknown said...

can i just say....I so licked my screen-those look heavenly! I so gotta make those and NOt share I kid i kid i will share maybe!