Thursday, August 21, 2008

Worst Mom Award....

Lily had a sleepover at a girlfriends house last night and she had tons of fun.
However, when she returned she was a complete terd. All she wanted to do was sleep. Fine by me. All I wanted to do was clean and make some lists.
She slept for 2 hours. I woke her to eat some lunch, and she slept for another hour.
Her and her friend stayed up late..that's why she was so tired. That's all good..that's what they do when they have slumber parties. :)
After she was fed and rested she was acting like a total jerk..having attitude with me and Jack.
Having just started my 'time of the month' I was in no way, shape or form to deal with the tween 'tude.
Me, being the most horrible mother, told her I wasn't taking her to the library tonight for family movie night. They were going to show the new Hananah Montana/Miley Cyrus movie tour..(featuring the Jo Bros)..
After I let her know I wasn't taking her due to the attitude and eye rolling crap she does..all hell broke loose.
Crying..sobbing..babbling sounds from another world spilled from her mouth like diarrhea...
Why is it that when they are pissed off they apparently can't speak English and start speaking tongues? Seriously I couldn't understand what the heck she was saying.
Off to your room girlie girl.
After a few minutes i decided to go and tell her like it is. I asked her if she knew why she wasn't going tonight..and ofcourse the dumbfounded look glazed over her face and she starred off in the distance and sadly muttered "No I don't"
Pftt..whatever..explained clearly why she wasn't going.
I even went as far as to say something along the lines of
"If you can compose yourself and stop crying like an infant..help with laundry tomorrow..I can go to Blockbuster and rent this beloved movie."
Well the shit hit the fan...
More tears and crying...
Was that not good enough?
I can't win..
I am done.
I am moody.
I am pms..y
I am going for a cocktail.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I received that award ages ago. I think your daughter and mine must have been separated at birth. I hate pre-teens... :D

Caroline said...

First, you are not the worst Mom...I promise! Second, you did the right thing...kids should not be rewarded for that kind of behavior. If you give in now...it will be a slippery slope in the future. I always find it amazing how one day they act as if they were spawned from Satan..then the next it's all fine and roses. She get over it (but it sucks that you have to deal with that). Just know you are teaching her well.

Hang in there. Have some wine. I am having a glass now.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

im sorry u had a bad night i shouldn't have let them stay up so late, i feel soo bad did you find anything good in those books

christy