Monday, August 11, 2008

Happenings over at my place...

This weekend was jam packed full of constant going ons and that's when I thrive. I love it.
Saturday I was running around doing errands all day..going to the market, going to blockbuster, taking Lily to a bday party, cooking, cleaning, picking up Lily..
We decided at 6:45pm it would be fun to go to Seaport Village. We packed up the kiddos and off we went.
This was my first time driving downtown. Complete chaos.
Apparently folks on the freeway decided to drive like complete idiots that night.
My lovely husband screws with me and says, "Go in this parking lot", then "No, its full, flip a bitch", then go here, no this way, go, do this, go here.."
Grrr. I was so annoyed..and he was just laughing and all giddy that he wasn't the dealing with all this ridiculous shit.
It was a crisp, cool night. We cruised around, went in some shops, looked at the boats..and found a huge crowd right in the middle of everything. It was some kind of juggling/magic act. We sat around and watched for awhile. The man needed a volunteer to come up there and Lily's hand shot straight up with no hesitation. He called her up and she was so funny, being all coy and shy..so not Lily. He blind folded her and made her hold her finger up and made a ball spin on her finger.
It was really cool. Then after that he did some more juggling with sticks on fire. After all said and done he searched for Lily in the crowd and made her come up again. He gave her a top hat and put her to work collecting his donations! haha That was too funny.

Sunday was busy too.. I am on a spiritual odyssey and I decided to go to 'church'. Well I guess that's what you would call it. It was a gathering for the Unitarian Universalists..
You can read more about that here.
I really liked it. I think. A few things I didn't enjoy was singing songs. I felt like a goof. And then the ending song we all had to gather and hold hands. That kinda freaked me out. Although after the minister lit a few candles we sang this one song in particular that made me cry. That was after folks volunteered to stand up and tell us their thoughts, joys and/or woes.. A few women were battling cancer. That was very heavy and hard to hear. Everyone was so nice and kind. The minister entered the Sanctuary ringing Tibetan bowls. The children followed her and sat down and listened to some of the sermon. Lily may go with me next weekend. She wanted to come this time, but I wanted to check it out first, to make sure there is no indoctrination of any kind, and to see if there is any dogma associated with UU. Thankfully, there is none. They do tons of stuff for the community and focus a lot of activities around the environment. That is exactly what I am seeking. And the best part..after Sanctuary, you go have snacks in the Salon, complete with organic, fair trade coffee and local fruit! How freaking cool is that? And..they have a knitting ministry that meets once a month! I missed this months knitting circle, but next month I may go.

After sanctuary, I had to pick up one of hubby's friends that lives right down the street from the UU Church. It was a dude game day or something. Sigh..so looking forward to that.

I was busy doing my cleaning and reading over some materials from UU. All I can hear is shooting and game sounds permeating the house. Why do guys have to have things so loud? Needless to say drinking ensued..like all day. His wife and children came over later in the day and we all went swimming. Jack had funso did LilyThe husband.(not mine, the other one)...well lets just say he probably won't remember much of the happenings.
All in all everyone had a pleasant time. I love busy weekends. Next weekend, Jacks party!

3 comments:

Alice said...

I've always thought I'd like to visit a UU place. I'd enjoy hearing more about it if you return.

Kelly said...

Hey Alice...
I will be going back Sunday and Lily will come along. I'll keep you posted with all that.
:)

kimamurphy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend..I can't get over how much Lil looks more like you everyday!
Email me more info on this church, K?