Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kickin' Ass and Sniffle Soup

Today my dear friend Amy over at Escape into my thoughts bestowed upon me this gem...
The Kick Ass Blog Award..

Awesome..thanks babe!
The award was originally from MamaDawg . That makes my day a little brighter as we have been under the weather..
Well mostly Lily..she has a case of the sniffles and blahs...
Me, being a 'kick ass' mom whipped up some home-made chicken soup and biscuits for her to eat and comfort her.
Here's the results...

*Chop up bunches of carrots...
*And bunches of celery
*Put a whole chicken in a pot and spice that bad boy up with whatever sounds good...(I use garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, poultry seasoning, black pepper and bay leafs)
*Throw in the veggies
*Fill up the pot with h2o and pop a lid on it and let it do its thing for a few hours....

*Few hours later take out the chicken and let it cool. Then take off all the meat, discard bone..(except keep the wishbone and let your kids make wishes)

* Put chicken back in (remove bay leafs) and add a little bit of chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then add a bag of egg noodles..
*While that's cooking, throw in some biscuits in the oven.
*they should be read 'bout the same time.

*Serve and enjoy.. :) I personally guarantee this will be way better than canned chicken soup...pinky swear..!

Oh I found this..and decided to give it a whirl..not too shabby...
Here was my power breakfast today

Strawberry hemp Granola w/ flax seeds...blueberries, raspberries all on top of some vanilla yogurt..gave me a good boost to get started on some serious cleaning..

Lily lay in bed all day watching Gilligan's island. We have the whole series on dvd..she loves it so much..its really funny..
Justin bought me The Munsters on dvd awhile back..she said she'll start those next.
I love the Munsters...they are so cute. I want all of us to be them for Halloween.
How funny would that be,,Jack as Eddie...Justin would make an awesome Herman..I would be Lily and Lily would be Marilyn...
Hopefully..we can pull that off..or maybe we'll be the Flintstones and Lily and Jack can be Bam Bam and Pebbles..

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are welcome for the award. That soup looks really kick ass :D