Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No cookin' for mama today...

Today I woke late..Jack and I actually slept in to the ungodly hour of 8am. Just complete blasphemy! I could of kept snoozing, but the kids insisted they needed breakfast..pft...
I was busy this morning filling out an online application and gathering things to take to the park. I didn't make coffee.
And boy did I pay for that huge mistake!
Major caffeine headache was barreling my way with no end in sight. I felt like complete garbage 80% of the day. Today I did my parenting from the couch.
Sometimes the kids and I play 'restaurant.'.and they are my patrons and I, the chef, waitress, bust boy and dishwasher. Complete with a menu to boot.
My kids knew I felt lousy and decided to switch it up and they were the little sous chefs. Lily made me a menu. I chose my main meal and refreshment. Funny I never did get my appetizer of grapes. It was nice to be waited on for once. I think we need to play this all the time. Weeee!!!!

After a emergency trip to Starbucks and 4 Excedrin later..I am finally up to par and getting things back in order. I had phoned hubs early on in the day and told him he is in charge of feeding us tonight.
Frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, and mozzarella sticks were served for supper.
Bleh..that dinner sucked some serious ass...
Tomorrow will be creamy one pot pasta with fresh garlic, fresh vegetables in a rich Neufchatel sauce with sun dried tomatoes..ooh I can't wait.
I did take a few pictures of the kids at the park. Funny, there is tons of things to do there, swing, slide, etc. but my kids would rather slide down a dirt hill on their bums and climb trees.







Is it just my kid or is it a fact that boys are always sweaty, dirty and smelly? Jack loves to smell his feet. Loves farting. Ewww....boys are so gross sometimes it cracks me up. Lily wasn't sweaty at all, but Jack was so sweaty, grungy and smelly.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Great pics (my daughter has that some top...we have good taste!). Just be sure to get your coffee in the morning...big lesson learned! Your dinner tomorrow sounds delish...be sure to post the pics!

Sarah said...

Little boys tend to be grungy; big boys, too, sometimes! It's a guy thing. Gorgeous pics! Your badges always crack me up, btw; I love the one that says "a clean house is a sign of a wasted life." I'll second that! :)

Sue Wilkey said...

OMG - One of those last 2 pics should be your Christmas card. (I'm always on alert for The Shot).

Amy said...

Yesterday must have been the day for headaches, I had one also.
Your kids are so cute :D

Alice said...

Oooo caffeine headache! The worst!

I had to switch to half-decaf because I drank so much coffee in the mornings, that when I went on vacation and didn't drink a pot, I'd just feel miserable.

They are KILLER.

kimamurphy said...

Hey Kell Bell,
I totally agree with Happy Hour Sue. One of those last 2 pics would be perfect for xmas cards! I cannot believe how big Jack is getting. He is so handsome.
And I think they do eventually grow out of the smelly sweaty stage. Or at least Jake did. He takes 2-3 showers a day...And actually wears cologne.