Sunday, August 24, 2008

Beach day...

Yesterday we went to the beach. We didn't leave the house until 1030am. Justin was very skeptical that we would even find a parking place since we left so late.
We went to Coronado to Silver Strand it was beautiful..and there was tons of parking.
Jack did not want to go in the water..he just played in the sand. However him and Justin walked out to wet their feet and Jack stumbled and fell a little and got his shorts soaked...he clung to Justin like a monkey to his mama..he was scared I guess.
Lily was fearless and just took off into the deep blue sea. I had to keep hollering at her to come closer. At one point she emerged from the waves covered in seaweed..it was so funny, I wish I got of picture of that.
We only stayed about an hour or so...the sand flies or whatever they are were attacking my legs and I was getting annoyed and we (Justin and I) felt all gross and dirty..we didn't go in the water.
We headed home and went swimming in our pool. And I am so proud to say that I actually remembered to apply sunblock to myself this time..so I am not a lobster!!
Here are a few pictures of Lily frolicking in the ocean..

She actually stood still for a millisecond for me to take this picture, then off she ran and dove into the water..


Whats with the hair ??? Looks like a feather or something...

And this here..is Just Jack....(haha like on Will and Grace..remember..'Just Jack!')



Our family arrived late last night. It was so good to see them. The little girl is this amazing bundle of energy and just a happy..excited little person. She came right in and hugged me and everyone else. It was so cute. She is the complete polar opposite of Jack..(you know how painfully shy he is..he would never go up to anyone and hug them)...he just stood back and observed the whole situation..it was kinda funny. Can't wait to see these little people play together.. :)

I shall be cooking up a storm again..I am so happy to have more people to feed. They are staying with us Wednesday thru Saturday think.

Today Lily and I are heading off to 'church' and coming home and doing any last minute preparations for school.

I think I am more excited than she is..

And next year will be so weird because both of the kids will be at school. What the heck am I gonna do with myself?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Now where are the pics of bikini-clad Kelly for us to see..hmm? LOL!

Believe me, you will enjoy the peace and quiet with no kids, I know I do :D

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessed be.

Those are some great 'fun in the sun' pics. Glad you all had a great time.

I have not been to the beach in so long I forgotten what one looks like. :>

Thank you for sharing.

Have a great week.