Monday, August 11, 2008

Not exactly meatloaf..

I had all these grand plans of concocting some turkey meatloaf with a balsamic glaze and steamed vegetables. I got side tracked. It must be my time of the month because all I could think about was something chocolaty.
So I made this..called um..

"Decadent Chocolate thingy brewed in crock pot"

Here is what I did..
*One box of chocolate cake mix..

*One 8 ounce thing of sour cream

*One cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips..I decided to do half chocolate chips and half butterscotch chips..mmm

* One cup h2o

*3/4 cup vegetable oil

*4 eggs

*One box of chocolate pudding/pie filling
*Spray crockpot with cooking spray
*Throw in crock for..ehh, maybe 4 hours on low..

Top with powdered sugar, accompany this with the BEST ever coffee ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce and call it a day..

Serious Chocolate Overload..just the way I like it..

I hope the kids aren't affected by the coffee ice cream, because they gobbled it up too.

Oh yeah, back to the dinner.
I was totally pre-occupied with the aroma wafting through the house I had no time nor desire to make a meatloaf.
Instead I created
"Mini Barbecue blue cheese turkey sliders"
Here's what I did for those..
*Get a hunk of ground turkey and throw in a bowl.


* Add some diced onion..maybe 1/2 a cup or so, also add some minced garlic..(I used the jarred stuff..way too lazy today!)

* Add shredded cheese..a good handful
* Dump in some good barbecue sauce..didn't measure..

*Then pour in some blue cheese salad dressing

*Sprinkled some bread crumbs in there

*Mix all up
*Fry in skillet
**Except don't leave to check and see if a friend you haven't talked to in a long time has emailed you back because you'll come back to find them looking like this

when they should really look like this


top with cheese
*make a Caesar salad and poof..
dinner is served.
Not impressive I know..but who cares when you got the decadent chocolate thingy waiting for you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks so good! I have never tried turkey burger I will hve to give it a try now mr gp would love this recipe!

You should enter that chicken ricotta bowl recipe over on pioneer womans contest-

christy said...

sorry you burned it it still looked really good thats how i cook throw it all together and what do you get something good or something bad

Amy said...

You make everything look sooo good! I would be in heaven with that chocolate concoction! :D

kimamurphy said...

I like the burger idea. I have tried it by putting a hunk of blue cheese in the middle of the burger but I like this idea better. Its easier and cheaper! Your chocolate masterpiece sounds awsome! Were you all in a sugar coma afterwords? I love coffee ice cream too. But I am not fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe's here is TX..Boo hoo!!!

Alice said...

All that food looks fantastic! Do you come up with this stuff on your own or do you use lots of cookbooks?

Kelly said...

Alice-
I do a little bit of both actually..but mostly if I do follow a recipe from a book..I tweak it a little to add my own flare..I like it better that way.. :)