Wednesday, August 27, 2008

McSurfer...

Lily had a great first day of school....
Here she is with her friend and Jack..
Notice her skull shirt? yeah, that's all she wants these days is skulls and crossbones..haha..thats so funny...
oh wait she wants 'Jo Bro' clothing too..she does have one shirt already..but wants more....
She played tether ball and bruised up her wrists..but who cares when she beat everyone in the court right? That's her philosophy anyway..

She says there are surfing posters hung all over the classroom.
When I took her the first day he (Mr. Coleman) made the kids line up. 'Gentlemen in one line..and the Ladies in another'
After all that was finished..he proudly informed them
"Gentlemen remember....Ladies..ALWAYS go first" All the moms practically fainted..
AHHHHH...Mc Teacher is Mc Dreamy!
Even when the kids go out for lunch or whatever, he makes one of the boys open the door for the 'ladies'
How freaking awesome is that?
I also failed to mention that he is tall, tan, good looking, artsy-fartsy, and musical..and has manners of a gentleman. He lives in a beach house..and surfs every morning before coming to teach the fourth grade. I think Lily and ALL the girls in her class are admiring of him.
Hmmm..maybe I should volunteer to be the room mom...
Our family made it safe and sound.
It was so good to see them. Jack and Isabelle played for a few hours yesterday and had a blast.
Here they are eating some grub. Notice how she smiles all polite and then there is my son.. Jack..being a typical feet smelling, farting, dirty little boy, he decides to shows his mouth full of chewed up apple. Ahhh..how lovely.

Saying their goodbyes....until they meet again..(in a few days)
They will be back in a few days to stay with us for 4-5 days and we can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwww my lilest bean LOVES tether ball too! and Mr Mc Teachy does sound dreamy geesh I wish a few of my beans teachers would do that-how cool!

Amy said...

My girls would be thrilled if they could wear their own clothes to school, they have uniforms.

Glad the McSurfer McDreamy McTeacher man is being so gentlemanly in his teachings. Hopefully those little girls won't expect that from EVERY man they ever meet. What a disappointment they have coming...haha!

Caroline said...

Oh how cute! My kids started school today and I am pretty darn happy (big smile as I write this...is that bad!?). I was room mom last year...it was pretty fun actually! I like that I got to see all the kids and what they do in school. I cracked up when they would call me Mrs. "Smith". It always made me feel like my Mother-In-Law. I much prefer the "Miss Caroline" thing...ok, sorry for the crazy long comment!