Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some pictures...

It was great to see my friend....and her kiddos. Fun was had by all.
Here is a picture of the 2 girls having a 'coffee' like the grown ups..(really it was chocolate milk w/ whipped cream)


Aren't they cute? My daughter thinks its so cool to flash her weird, can't grit my teeth hard enough smile....I hate it when she does that...
Heres Jack chugaluggin' his brew...Green Machine by Naked Juice
I normally get cafe con leche with white mocha..or a blended chai..sometime a organic white mocha w/ soy but my friend turned me on to this...
Here is liquid gold...its what I am going to start getting..
its a carmel mochiatta with 5x shots espresso and twice carmel
Dude...
Thats all I gotta say.. dude..

Jack kickin' it on some rockin' horse thingy..he loves that.
Ok now for the grub...
I made the fajitas..(well I mean the microwave made em'.)
*Slice up green and red bell pepper

*Chop some red onion...( I have a love affair with red onion..I could and do put it with like everything...funny, I absolutely hated it when I was preggers...I remember going out to dinner with my sister in law and her hubs and mother in law, Justin and Lily..and I order a salad or something and it had red onion in there and it took all my super power not to vomit all over the table. Bleh).
* Cut up some chicken...I use chicken breast tenders for this and threw them on top..
* Oh yeah... add some chipotle seasoning to this also...* Throw in deep dish baker and pop it in the micro for 15 minutes..(in all honesty..mine took 15 minutes..plus an additional 6..cause the chicken wasn't all the way cooked. Which is totally weird because my Pampered Chef lady only did 15 minutes in MY microwave and it was done. Hmmm..)* Then cook some tortillas and then mac out..


* Always a plus if you make some vodka tonics to cool the heat from the chipotle seasonings..
Tomorrow....will be some steak with herb potatoes..and steamed broccoli...
hmmm maybe I can grill Yukon taters and toss them with some balsamic vinegar, red onions, arugula and blue cheese and to concoct a grilled potato salad.
Oh yeah..the other night when I couldn't sleep..I was thinking of making an inside out chicken Cesar burger..
*Toasted sourdough bun...
*Grilled chicken marinated in lemon and herbs
*romaine lettuce mixed with Cesar dressing
*melted Parmesan over the chicken..
*a Cesar salad sammy..
hmmm...
In a little over a week my sister in law and her hubz and wee one will be here...and I am so freaking excited I can't think straight...
I love them and miss them terribly..so much and will be a blabby mess when I see them... and oh my the little girl....ahhh I love her..even though she probably doesn't really know who I am....
We have no real regal plans or anything..
I feel the best times are totally impromptu while kickin' back and watching the babies and tossin' back some cocktails (and I am gonna do my hardest to get them to rock out with us in RockBand.) Isabelle, my niece is 11 hours older than Jacky Boy..haha
Too funny..I went to see them in the hospital after they delivered their first baby and low and behold I had to stay because apparently I was in labor...
Guess it was that Tapatio sauce I put on my burrito..
Me...being the pessimist and all, I'm already thinking how I can compose myself when it is time for them to head back to Washington...
Maybe I'll just get really drunk prior to them leaving and I can blame it on the booze..
yeah that sounds good....

6 comments:

christy said...

thank you i feel the same way about you im glad we got to hang out again now we just have to keep it that way we need to have a cooking party that would be soo fun like a cook off

christy said...

ps that food looks great i need to get one of those

Unknown said...

Kelly I have got to STOP reading your blog so late at night! Now i am starving and want fajitas-man those look good-what kinda dish is that? I have never made fajitas in the microwave man that looks awesome...

and your morning go go juice Oh Gosh it looks sooooo good-I will be stoppin by starbucks on my way to the hospital tomorrow yum yum!

kimamurphy said...

MMMMM Caramel Machiotto..
That drink is so evil and yummy!
I havent had one in a long time..I think I need to stop before work this week...I don't know about the 5 shots though...I may just stick to 1 or 2!!
Fajitas looked awsome!

Amy said...

That drink looks so yummy. I like the caramel java cooler from Sonic, those are pretty tastey. Mmm, and as usual that fajita stuff looks sooo good :D

Amy said...

I have something for you over at my blog :D