Sunday, August 24, 2008

Its gettin' hot in here.....

Since it was so gross and muggy outside..Justin picked tonight's meal. Had I picked it would be maybe a salad or some hoagies..something relatively cool. Not turning on the oven is key.
He wasn't thinking like me. He was thinking hot wings..
Hot wings?!? Are you freaking nuts..its so hot and you want to eat more things that are hot? Did I mention I have been like permanently hot since yesterday? Like burning up from the inside type of hot. No I don't have a fever, nor a sunburn..who knows what the heck is going on...All I know is I wanna park my ass in the freezer all day.
Off I went like a good little wifey to the store to get these wings and blue cheese. I already had the certain hot sauce we use. And I can only get that at Albertson's.


First you put foil on a baking sheet and then throw on the wings and drumettes. Drizzle with some vegetable oil and coat each and everyone of these little guys. Crack some pepper on them and you're good to go. Pop 'em in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes...
After that..take them out of the oven and pour out some of the liquid and flip them.
Put them back in for about another 45 minutes or so until they are golden and look like this...


Dump in a large bowl and pour on about 1/2 cup or so of the 'special' hot sauce. Let them coat for a few and them place them on a plate and let them hang out for about 10 minutes..

Dump blue cheese in bowl..
Grab a cold beer and large bowl for tossin' the bones and poof..there's some freaking HOT ASS eats...
Here is the before...

and here is the after...



So darn messy!
Lily even got in on the wing action and scarfed a few up...and then she ran for a glass of milk..those suckers are so hot..just the aroma of the sauce practically singed my nose hairs when I poured it on..
I had 4 and I could no longer stand it..I jumped in an ice cold shower. Whew..
Even though the AC was on..the smell of the hot sauce made it seem some much hotter in here too. Or maybe it was just me.. Oh well.
Lily and I went to 'church' today and it was great. Lily got involved in some Roots and Shoots program where the kids are becoming pen pals with children in a Tanzanian village. They are taking pictures to send to them.
Lily got a disposable camera and her 'assignment was to photograph food!
Haha that's so funny!!! She already snapped some of the wings and there will be a bunch more this week for her to take. How ironic is that?
She is so thrilled...and she can't wait to go back next week! She already made a few friends. I am glad she enjoyed herself.

5 comments:

Zz... said...

ooh i could use some hot wings-it's cold down here!...try an ice cold facewasher on the nape of your neck-good way to dispel heat using acupuncture point wisdom and rinse your wrist pulses with water to cool the vessels- or i like to keep a water spray handy to mist myself when it's that hot and have a fan on!

thanks for stopping by by the way- I'm excited that you share my music taste and I'm also excited to see your recipe blog...can't wait to get a chance to trawl through that and experiment! :)

p.s fav song on go go smear the poison ivy is probably 'dancing behind my eyelids'...let me know what other of their albums I should buy!!! and any other music recommendations you have- I'm permanently stuck in the 80s otherwise-it's kinda sad! LOL

Amy said...

You need to try some TOBASCO brand hot sauce, made right here in Louisiana. Simply awesome. I've never tried hot wings (cooking them, that is) I will have try some!

Anonymous said...

i feel you it was a hot one i can't wait till cold to come sweats and uggs and a fire yeah school starts today take pics
christy

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey there! I'm not sure if I said thanks for stopping by over the weekend. Sometimes I blog under the influence over the weekend and I forget. But thanks friend of a friend. These wings look awesome. Hot wings and a cold beer are a fav combo of mine!!!!!!

Karen Roper said...

I love hot wings and your pictures! Makes cooking so much more fun when you can share it with your bloggy friends, right?

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It was very nice to meet you! :)