Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Going to Thailand..Crockpot Style...

Today I decided to be adventurous and make a Thai dish. I have only once had Thai food. It was OK..however I got a headache, I think it was from the coconut milk, not sure.
Anywho, here is a recipe for some Thai Chicken..in the crock..and it was pretty darn good.

*Get some boneless, skinless chicken thighs(maybe 2-3 lbs and toss it in the crock pot.)

* Get a bowl and dump 1 cup of salsa(it calls for hot salsa but I only had mild..works too, I don't do hot stuff...makes me hiccup..weird huh? )

*Add 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

*Drop in 1 tablespoon soy sauce

* Squeeze in 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (I used my new pampered chef citrus press and it rocked!)

* Grate some fresh ginger root, about 1 teaspoon..(I guess you could use the jarred crap if your not feeling the micro plane)

*Mix it all up and dump over the chicken...

*Cook on high..maybe 3 or so hours (Shred the chicken and put it back in the pot).

*Make some jasmine rice and spoon the chicken stuff over it.
*Then top it with more lime juice, chopped cilantro and chopped salted peanuts.

It was pretty good, and the best part was that my picky almost 9 year old said she would never eat it in a million years (because of the peanut butter and salsa combo)and she scarfed it up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, spicy peanut sauce. I had something extremely similar on Monday for lunch. Mine was at a restaurant and quite spicy, but delicious. Love business lunches when the boss pays!

Amy said...

Oh that looks awesome as always. You come up with the greatest stuff. My oldest wouldn't want it if she knew it had peanut butter, she can't even stand the smell :D

Alice said...

I adore anything with peanut sauce. And BoyChild will eat it too which makese me happy to no end.

Looks fantastic!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I like your blog. This looks good and I love things you can throw in the crock pot so dinner is ready when you get home from the kids activities.

Anonymous said...

hee hee we have the same grater! i need to get a skinnier one though! nice dish.