Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pasta Perfection..

I made that dish I mentioned in a previous post..the one with the penne and Neufchatel sauce..
So good..
Here's the low down...
First cut up a few cloves of garlic


Then put in a large pot with one tablespoon of the oil from the sun dried tomatoes.

Cook for a few minutes until the garlic is golden.
Add 3 cans of chicken broth..add lid and bring to a boil, then add one pound of penne.
Cut up a bunch of broccoli into little pieces..
Cut up some carrots on the biasDrain the sun dried tomatoes and dry them out on a paper towel. Cut into small pieces also.
Put all that stuff in a bowl.Cut the cheese into little blocks.
After pasta is done 8-12 minutes or so, add the veggies. Mix well.
then add the cheese and stir until the cheese is totally melted and covering the pasta.Take out of pan and put in a plate..sprinkle with a little Parmesan and top with fresh basil..(I forgot..I was too hungry)
Enjoy.
Justin wasn't too thrilled with this..I thought the flavors blended well and the veggies gave it a nice crunch. I definitely will make this again.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow...that dinner looks so good! I will be trying it for sure. Oh, the book was so good! I started the 2nd in the series, New Moon. The book is about a teenage girl that falls in love with a vampire. Before you laugh too hard, you have to trust me (and many other bloggers out there). It' so good! I don't want to give anything away...just give it a try...it's worth it. You can buy it at Target cheaper than the book stores!

Unknown said...

This looks and sounds so good! I may have to try this this week a great way to get my beans to eat their veggies!

i saw and clicked you from allmediocre

Kris said...

You have made me very very hungry...

Heather Tull said...

I love simple recipes like this! I will be trying this soon and hopefully my husband won't find anything to hate about it.