Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Post

This weekend was great...it was Jacks b-day party. Funny, it ended up being mostly girls,a s some of Jacks buds were unable to attend...(although there was my neighbor boy and my friends son..he's a little over one.
We all went swimming and had a good time. Jack wasn't too intimidated and shy at all... I guess were making progress!
He received all kinds of goodies, some were a big wheel, sandbox, games, and gift cards..(which he already used!)
He loved his cake and had a great time

Today I thought it would be yummy to make BLT's...however..it morphed into a club-like sandwich... so a BLTHT Sandwich..(bacon, lettuec, tomatoe,havarti, turkey)
Here's what I did....

Cook some bacon....
Toast some sourdough...
spread mayo on one side, melt Havarti on the other.....
Nestle in the bacon on top of the melted cheese....
Put on some Dijon mustard...
Crisp iceberg...
Sliced tomaters....
layer in some herb roasted turkey...and poof, you got yourself a club...
I thought I would add some avocado..but that may be too many flavors competing with one another.. so left that out.
Hubz said it was the best damn sammy ever...(not sure if he was trying to feed my ego, or he Really thought so...either way I loved it, as did the kids!)
Dinner was easy peasy...(thanks to Costco..) cooked a tri tip..(omg so freaking good!) steamed some veggies..you really hit the motherload when you are having broccoli..(so many health benefits). That is one of the vegetables I try to have on hand at all times...that and carrots and yams...I could go n and on about the goods that these provide, however that could be totally boring... Made some herd and garlic rice pilaf and dinner was done..
Washed my car today ..and Lily volunteered to help which was nice. The Colbalt is so shiny and perdy..I love her....
My peeps will be her this upcoming Saturday. Lily starts school on the 25th..and I can't wait...not only for me but for her.
She seemed to have a fab summer..countless slumber parties..swimming at the pool, Museums, Zoo, play dates and mall trips...(typical tween)..and still have a beach trip planned for boogy boarding and all that..
I hope she had a good summer...
She has been working on a bday wish list for me..I asked her to do that for me..
She gave me good ideas, although I don' t think she will be getting a ipod or mp3 player..
She really wants Guitar Hero for the Nintendo DS...so that's do-able
She was at a sleep over last night and apparently she kicked some serious ass over there...hahah..thats my girl... :)

4 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

Oh my i'm so distracted by the delish food!!

christy said...

im glad jack had a good bday i am off wed so let me know if you want to go to the beach

christy said...

im glad jack had a good bday i am off wed so let me know if you want to go to the beach

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. Thanks for stopping by my blog, friend of a friend! This sandwich looks sooo amazing. Sometimes I forget that simple is best. Just a few great ingredients is all ya need. Yum!