Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blah..

Wow 4 posts in one day..ya me! Actually I left the pc on when making dinner.
Which by the way was terrible.
I made homemade mac and cheese because the kids love it and I thought my version would be healthier and remotely tasty. Who was I kidding?
I put a beef chuck meat thingy in the crock and seasoned the bad boy up all good. Then I followed the recipe in the Moosewood cookbook. I even bought organic ingredients for this dish because I thought no one can screw up mac and cheese. So once again organic goods wasted. I think from now on i will use conventional ingredients the first time I make a new recipe and if turns out good, then i will get the good stuff.
There was some hard,chewy noodles in the dish..I actually used penne instead of elbows.
The meat was --ehh.. I would give it a good 4 outta 10 stars. It had a rubbery texture and somewhat tasted like liver. Gross.
First Lily said the mac tasted like bread, then Justin said it could glue your mouth shut. I totally agree with both.
As Lily was clearing the dinner dishes Lily says "Mom, that was a lame dinner". Couldn't have said it better myself. We are all hungry and burger king is right across the street and a whopper is sounding mighty good about now.

1 comment:

B said...

wow. i'm really sorry you keep having zero luck with your organic foods :( but think of it this way, it would have tasted bad either way, right? so at least it tasted bad with no pesticides.