Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Voracious Vegan Pate

Lily and I are making this pate today from one of my cookbooks, How It All Vegan... It is so good. The recipe actually calls for 1 cup grated potatoes, but I omit that and the optional habinero pepper. I friend I used to work with along time ago had it and loved it. I made it for her a few times. She always said.."Kelly, even if we haven't talked for awhile and you make this..still call me and I'll be right over!" haha She lives just right down the road.
Tonight's dinner will be London broil in the crock pot with steamed potatoes, kale and mushrooms.
Also from that same book..I made Savory Shepherd's Pie one year for Christmas(when I was a vegetarian) and I plan on making it again. If I recall, I think it was a hit. :) The local Library just rang and my book is in.Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves ...they had to special request it from another branch.(http://naomialdort.com/)
I am looking forward to reading it. Although I still have to finish the book Justin got me for Mother's Day..Animal,Vegetable,Miracle..A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver ..http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/..it is a wonderful read.
A possum woke us up last night a little after midnight. He was poking around the backyard and he knocked a spider plant over and broke my Bodhisattva statue...I loathe possums..they ruin our garden and carry a crap load of fleas.

2 comments:

chanale said...

I don't think I've made a pate from HIAV, but there are so many recipes in the Kramer/Barnard books that I'll never get through most of them. I'll have to look for that one though.

The SDNF Book Club read Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves a few months ago. What I remember of it was good, but I never ended up finishing or going to the discussion since it was way up in North County.

I was planning to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle soon - your comment makes me look foward to it all the more. :)

B said...

my mom once killed a possum with a huge monkey wrench. scary. visions of jeff foxworthy's "you know you're a redneck if..." dance in my head when replaying the scene.