Monday, July 2, 2007

Crafty Kids











Today the kids and I decided we should make a bird feeder for all our feathered friends that visit the backyard. So, first I got a 2 liter of soda that was sitting in the fridge forever (don't drink much soda) , cleaned it and we cut it the bottom of. Then I punched 2 holes on either side and used some of my knitting yarn to thread it and make a hanger. then we punched out a bunch of holes with the hole puncher with different colored construction paper, and then glued the confetti to the feeder for decoration. Lily filled it up with some bird seed we had and we headed out back to hang it in the tree. Total cost $0 approx. time=15 minutes Time shared making recycled crafts with my babies= priceless.

4 comments:

B said...

i love the credit card commercial touch you added to the end of your post LOL! "priceless." and no, i've never been anywhere in california...sad, i know. the closest i've been is somewhere in nevada or arizona probably.

hmmm. there was something i was going to ask you.....i can't remember. i will think of it.

chanale said...

Hi Kelly! Good to see you! I've been thinking about you lately, but I lost your e-mail (I don't even have my laptop anymore - all the data may be lost). I subscribed to your blog so we can keep in touch. :)

Kelly said...

E has grown up so much, its been what, like a year or something? She must be..almost 3? Jack will be 3 next month. All the pictured recipes looks yummy..what csa are you part of? Be Wise Ranch? I was thining of joining one. :)

chanale said...

Eliza will be 3 in October. This last year has gone by very quickly.

Our CSA is Be Wise. It's the best value for sure. I'd like to join Seabreeze, but they're too expensive (about $40/week) and have less food - as much as I'd love their weekly bouquets of organic flowers.