Friday, July 27, 2007

Just In Time!

How wonderful, just in time for this massive heat wave we are going through, with insane humidity..my air conditioner decides to take a crap and die!
Now,for anyone that knows me..I don't do 'hot'. I turn into this bitchy, nasty little monster.
The repair man actually had an opening today(Friday) between 10 and 12pm.
Yesterday was miserable, as was the day before,(the latter half anyway). I went to Starbucks with a friend just to escape for about an hour and sit in an air conditioned environment. It was perfect in there. My friend was freezing. I love to be cold.
We enjoyed some chai and good conversation for roughly 45 minutes and then back home to mother our youngn's.
Oh yeah, so I was making lunch yesterday for everyone and we decided on sandwiches, Lily and Angela=pb&j, Ally, Jack and me=grilled cheese. I also cut up a bunch of fruit too.
"Lunchtime girls!" I holler. They stop the music and come to the kitchen, Lily and Jack start eating right away. Angela sits there nibbles her apple and looks at me with a vacant stare. "Kelly,um, I only eat white bread"...hmm well I say"Sweetie, we don't have that" and then Lily chimes in "Angela just try it its good". I even used a cute little sandwich cutter that cuts the crust, then cuts it in a tri-angle shape. She looked in disgust and repeated "I have NEVER had wheat bread, we only have white bread" So needless to say, I heated up some chicken dinos for her. Then Ally says "oh I don't like this grilled cheese". C'mon..are you serious?
Anyway..Jack and Lily were the only ones who ate the original lunch. Funny, she says they only eat white bread (which has no nutritional value whatsoever) but she knows exactly that there are 9 grams of sugar in Honey Nut Cheerios, lol. I thought that was funny. They are sweet girls. They also love fairies just as much as Lily.

1 comment:

B said...

craziness! no wheat bread?

i was upset the other day at a pot luck because someone made pb&js with white bread. i was like "seriously? you let your kids eat this fluff?"

oh well, to each mom their own style.