Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My bathroom stinks...

I have been slaving away in the front bathroom...a.k.a. The Kids Bathroom. As of late is in constant need of attention. Normally I tidy everyday or so, picking up towels, fishing for random toys out of the toilet. But now that we have another 'kid', Luna, it has been especially ripe. Eghhh.
Between her kitty box(which Lily cleans 2x daily and Jack peeing all over the place, which really is in his potty seat, but occasionally his 'wee wee' is pointed up and you get a urine shower..oh so fun) it has been a hellish task to keep that room smelling fresh. Any tips..anyone? I don't use any air fresheners not good for the environment. Maybe I should use some water and lemon and spray it on the rugs and shower curtain.(which by the way I launder once a week) or even use some essential oils in a burner..or...um... anyone??
Damn, the Dewey guy is here and just informed me he is going to 'spray the complex'..(I am a manager for a apartment building for those of you who didn't know). I honestly think this is ridiculous..I rarely see any bugs..and so what if there are a few creepy crawlies roaming about. We need them for the fragile Eco- system, right? I mean without spiders..(which I despise, especially those giant daddy long legs, they just creep me out with those long ol' legs and all) we would be inadated with abundant flying things, like flies mosquitoes,gnats,etc. Right? And the bugs are not hurting the landscaping. Oh yeah don't get me started on the gardeners..who come every Tuesday..but for some reason didn't come today, so they will be here tomorrow. Any who...when they finish there stuff, they also go around the complex spraying weird shit to keep the bugs away. Tuesdays i don't let the kids out to play..because my kids like to play in the dirt, look for bugs, pick flowers etc. What kid doesn't? Call me a paranoid mommy..but really is all that pesticide really needed? Justin and I also kept Lily out of school for a week when i found out by accident, that they were going to do the annual spray for pests at her school. Not just in the fields but in the hallways too. I was picking Lily up from school one day and noticed a teeny tiny slip of paper on the bottom of the gate at school. So being the noisy person that I am I looked at it (it was attached to the gate) and it stated the date and what chemical was sprayed around the campus.
Justin and I found this upsetting. I think they should notify parents when there is going to be a spraying. So I got busy, calling the school district, then head of landscaping, etc. Is it just a coincidence that Lily came home a few days prior smelling..no wrecking of some strange odor. I could not figure it out. It was on her clothes, her hair, everything. I put her in the tub, she bathed, washed her locks, and i washed her again. No luck. this weird sulfur smell was emanating from her skin. WTF? I asked her what she did at school today..she replied she went bug catching and was rolling in the lawn. Shit. She brought home a plastic jug I had sent with her to school full of water, she filled it with dirt,grass and ladybugs. I opened it and sure as shit, same chemically smell that's on her. Her hands were so stinky.
Anyway, I went and bought some Aztec Indian Clay..that is suppose to draw out impurities. I put this on her a few times. Not sure if it helped..but after a few days, the smell started to fade. So needles to say, the head man at the school sent me all the info and such of what chemicals were used,when and how much. He said he had never heard of a child smelling like the pesticides they used. Like if he had he would have told me? ha
So I asked when the next spray would be and he gave me the date of the annual spray, which was going to happen on a Saturday, so we kept Lily home the following week.
Gee, this is alot to type and now my fingers are hurting.
Needless to say, I am leery of anyone spraying stuff around our home and where my daughter is to be educated. We will keep her there for 3rd grade. She doesn't want to home school anymore.
Wow I really went off on a tangent..I hope this all makes sense..
Off to make some food for the family...

2 comments:

B said...

i don't see why the guy was so surprised about "smelling" the pesticides. i mean, they are chemicals.

did she say anything about smelling weird stuff at school that day?

Kelly said...

No she didn't say that she smelled anything, but that container smelled just like what was coming from her and it had to be the pesticides. I have told her that she is not to play in the grass,(well not roll around in it anyway) and not to pick flowers or capture bugs. How sad is that? Thats what kids like to do, she was so sad, because all her little girlie friends had created some club, ('the bug hunters') or something like that and she couldn't do it. :( But she realizes that we are not being complete asses, that there are some dangerous chemicals that frequently get sprayed. So, she's ok with that. She feels so bad for the bugs.